Marvel vs Capcom 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Silver Surfer will be getting announced soon:

"basically what the article is is a look at the history of the fantastic four + an interview with ryota niitsuma where he discusses the influence of fantastic four within marvel vs capcom 3.

niitsuma runs through the playable fantastic four cast of doom, skrull, and he talks about silver surfer, who will be shown off later this month. there are no screens of him, just a little portrait thing along with the other two.

nothing new really about doom, but niitsuma said they've added a lot more attacks to skrull since the last public build including several invisible woman techniques.

silver surfer is very quick and has a unique playstyle. he is never standing on the ground. he is always hovering on his board. niitsuma said that silver surfer is more of a character to be played by advanced players. he recommends dr doom to fantastic four fans who are new to the vs series.

also, niitsuma said the fantastic four play a major role within the basic plotline of arcade mode, and that the final boss should be familiar to fans of fantastic four."

^From Shoryuken Forums

Makes sense, considering the F4 aren't in. The last boss hinted at, however, has became much more clear.

Comment

• For such emphasis on the F4, we sure don't get to play as them. Maybe Doom, Surfer, Skrull, and maybe one more F4 affiliated character will represent them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesker_101 View Post
        Makes sense, considering the F4 aren't in. The last boss hinted at, however, has became much more clear.
        Spoiler:

Epic Boss Fight... Thank god we might get a HUGE Boss again... Apocalypse, Onslaught were badass, and that booger thing from MvC2 sucked IMO.
        Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 07-30-2010, 03:54 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Yeah, Abyss sucked. I know he was an original designed boss, but all of his forms were underwhelming.

Galactus would be like a dream come true.

Comment

• Are you sure that pic isn't from Marvel Ultimate Alliance? It looks familiar.

Comment

• Unngghhhh, Galactus...hell yeah. That was one of the boss fights from MUA1 that was better than decent. I was furious with how they portrayed him in the Fantastic Four movie, although they did the best they could with making it as 'realistic' as possible.

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
              Are you sure that pic isn't from Marvel Ultimate Alliance? It looks familiar.
              It is from MUA. He was just posting a pic of the character, probably for dramatic effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                It is from MUA. He was just posting a pic of the character, probably for dramatic effect.
                Exactly!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Plus, he looks totally bad-ass there. I really liked the FMV's/CGI cutscenes from that game.

As a big fan of Marvel and not such a huge fan of Capcom, I'm kind of disappointed by the characters we've seen so far. The Marvel universe is HUGE, and it seems like they're mainly staying within the box with most of these characters. Silver Surfer sounds completely awesome, though. I'd just like to see some more lesser known characters, like Hawkeye or Luke Cage, or even some more villains like Dr. Octopus. Dr. Doom is almost a necessity, because he was a shared villain for a lot of heroes.

The one villain I'd wanna see, though...more than any other villain in the Marvel universe?

Spoiler:
                  Last edited by Vector; 07-30-2010, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind seeing Toxin too. Complete the symbiote set.

Comment

As a big fan of Marvel and not such a huge fan of Capcom, I'm kind of disappointed by the characters we've seen so far. The Marvel universe is HUGE, and it seems like they're mainly staying within the box with most of these characters. Silver Surfer sounds completely awesome, though. I'd just like to see some more lesser known characters, like Hawkeye or Luke Cage, or even some more villains like Dr. Octopus. Dr. Doom is almost a necessity, because he was a shared villain for a lot of heroes.
                      If this was 2D, then this might have been the case.

Comment

• Dormammu and Viewtiful Joe are in!

So let's check the fake list again!

Spoiler:

Just reveal Wesker pleaseeeeeee!
                        Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 08-18-2010, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Dormammu looks so beastly. He reminds me of Blackheart from the previous VS games.

I hope we get more silhouettes.

Comment

• Viewtiful Joe gameplay:

Dormammu gameplay:

Both look pretty badass. I'm loving Dormammu's fighting style and theme.

Comment

• New trailer:

Spoiler:
                              Last edited by Vector; 09-09-2010, 09:29 PM.

Comment

New trailer:

Spoiler:
                                That Trailer was pure sexy... I hope there's more of these on the actual game, a story mode would be epic. If / when Wesker gets confirmed I'll probably jizz my pants if we get another trailer like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X