No announcement yet.

Mortal Kombat (Reboot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonya and Lady in Red will definitely be my top female characters with Mileena third seeing as how I already know how to play as her lol
    "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• And still no Jade Kosplay . . .

Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
      Jade looks a lot like a ninja version of Chloe Frazer in her VS picture
      Now have to Google her (sorry) . . .

EDIT: Yeah I see what you mean . . .

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post

It'd be cool of HD versions of MK,MK2 and UMK3 were in the krypt.
      GOD Please with Online support perhaps?
      Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 04-09-2011, 06:40 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Smoke gameplay and fatality.
        His fatality kicks in at 3:50.

Pot roast!

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post

Well yeah, this demo is old. Its from E3 of last year. Its been worked on for about a year now. And how is it clunky? I've have yet to have any problems. It took me about 1 match to get the controls down. I'm not seeing how you weren't impressed with the fatalities. They're better than anything the last 3-4 games have shit out.
          If it's a year-old build, then it raises the question--why release a demo that's not an accurate build of the improved, "final" product? I mean, game demos are known sometimes to have slight framerate problems or other such odds or ends, but the demo really doesn't have any problem in those departments. My problem is the foundation of the game. The fighting mechanics are just so cumbersome. It's not like I didn't play a handful of matches. The game itself just isn't smooth, or slick--it's cumbersome, just like the original Mortal Kombat games.

It's certainly better made than back in the day, but there's a reason Street Fighter is considered (or Capcom in general) the "King of Fighters." The two games, aren't in the same league as far as combat options, strategy, counters. This game seems to be about the classic MK style of "Spam special move, spam special move, high kick, high kick, uppercut, spam special move," or memorizing tedious long button specific combos for characters to pull off those shown in the teaser trailers for the vids. It's just not good fighting game design. Period. But I'm not saying this is a TERRIBLE GAME, or even a BAD game. I think Ed Boon and co have certainly put alot of effort into the total, and that they genuinely care. (I've always liked Ed Boon). They care about the fans--but I can't help but feel how shallow the gameplay is. It's almost second thought to the violence and gore. Honestly, for my money, Deadly Alliance is better(oh yeah, I just went there buddy).

And, you mention why I don't like the fatalities--I just don't care about them. Them or the X-Ray moves. There gimmicks that are going to get old pretty fast. Back in 1993, MK level of violence was truly shocking to video games. Today, it's not really anything we haven't seen already. And to add to that, the original games themselves, with their digitized actor graphics, have a certain charm about them that feels lost. Excessive, over-the-top violence only goes so far(and it really doesn't go far with me to begin with in terms of being the draw instead of the gameplay itself). Again, give me Deadly Alliance--the gameplay in that felt more organic than this.

I mean, I know why you like this game. You really, really love Mortal Kombat. I like Mortal Kombat too, but I certainly couldn't say I like the story or the characters with as much enthusiasm as you have shown. The story and characters are complete cheese(not that Scorpion or Sub-Zero aren't certified in the book of bad asses). Gameplay in a game comes first for me. Not that I don't understand where you're coming from. Being the HUGE dragonball z fan I am, I remember when the first Budoakai game came out on the ps2. I bought it because "hey, dbz fighting game! Fuckin' Sweet!" But I hated that game, because it was most likely one of the worst fighting games ever created on this earth. Absolutely terrible. (Hah, I think this is after I bought Deadly Alliance to boot!). But, my point is, my love for Z didn't blind me to the fact the game was shit.

And before you jump the gun, I'm not saying this new MK is shit, Or a DBZ Budokai(Oh lord no). Everything WORKS, and the graphics are richly detailed. But honestly, there's no excuse as to why the foundation of the game is still stuck in 1993. I'd rather have an HD Remastered Kollection than this, because at least with that, I can forgive it for its charming nostalgic reasons.

I think it does. I've played both MvC3 and SSF4, while good they weren't my thing. I prefer being able to tell what is going on on my screen.
          Stock argument here. For one, if you can't tell what is going on in the screen in SSF4. . .I don't really know what to say. Complaining about that in MvC3 is a token argument to me, but really, SSF4? Ironically, in both games, they exercise a much greater degree of control and versatility than Mortal Kombat by far. So that's the thing, it's not an opinion that SSF4 or MvC3 are better. They are. It's undeniable from an objective point of view. Hell, why do you think Ed Boon would love to do a Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat VS game? Nevertheless, what's important in determining enjoyment stems from what the person actually cares about in the product. And I think I know what that is for you(and a bunch of other folks). Which, nothing wrong with it. Different boats float for different folks. What doesn't suit me(average fight mechanics combined with over-the-top gore) fits the other like OJ's glove.

I honestly think this game will do better than MvC3.
          Should be interesting how this turns out. I don't really have a horse in the race. . .

You do this with EVERY game.
          Not MvC3.

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
          You're a fucking terrible troll Sackolf.
          I don't really think he was trolling you with that. You notice he wasn't acting like a 14 year old retarded german kid. He was actually making more of an argument. Not that I wholly agree with his point. MK certainly does have a story. . .

MK 1: Tournament held to decide Eathrealm's fate to Outworld. Liu Kang wins

MK 2: Shao Khan: I still want Earthrealm, so I'll use a loophole in the rules to win it anyways!

MK3: *After losing both tournaments, and any right to take Earthrealm* Shao Khan: Well FUCK IT, I'll take it anyways!

Not anything complicated, but sufficient enough to be effective.
          sigpic

Comment

• I think that's how Mortal Kombat is tho people play it for the gimmicks violence and hot women but as for a pure fighting experience people go to Street Fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
              I think that's how Mortal Kombat is tho people play it for the gimmicks violence and hot women but as for a pure fighting experience people go to Street Fighter
              Or Tekken...or Guilty Gear...or...ya know a solid fighting game experience comes from how much fun the players have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                Or Tekken...or Guilty Gear...or...ya know a solid fighting game experience comes from how much fun the players have.
                A lot of games are fun but it doesn't make them a pure elite in their respective genre I love Mortal Kombat but it lacks the depth that make in my opinion a true fighter

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAp3ibR_fho

Smoke gameplay and fatality.
                  His fatality kicks in at 3:50.

Pot roast!
                  Videos gone . . .
                  sigpic

Comment

I've been hearing great things about Blazblue, it's supposed to be the new sensation in fighting games.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
                      Videos gone . . .
                      Here ya go.

Comment

• Episode 1 of MK Legacy.
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                          I liked it. So far looks promising... I just want to see how they portrait Shang Tsung, Scorpion and Sub-Zero. This episode was pure action and kicking ass!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Didn't see this posted

SSF4 Producer gives his opinion on Mortal Kombat.

So in Street Fighter when you're playing it's the moment to moment gameplay that should be the best, whether you win or lose doesn't really matter. Whereas in Mortal Kombat the fighting and playing is just a pathway to get to the result - it's the Fatality you want to see and you almost want to skip the fighting bit and get to the Fatality because that is the result.
                            Someone sounds butthurt......because that's not true at all. At least with this newest MK it's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                              Ironically, in both games, they exercise a much greater degree of control and versatility than Mortal Kombat by far. So that's the thing, it's not an opinion that SSF4 or MvC3 are better. They are. It's undeniable from an objective point of view.
                              Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter are VERY different from each other. Ono even said it himself. Saying one is better than the other is completely based off personal opinion, not fact. Mortal Kombat doesn't try to be the complicated chess game that SF and MVC are, it's meant to be a fun experience without all that planned out/hardcore crap for the more casual gamer. The MK team even said it themselves in many interviews that they made this MK easy for people.

SF/MVC isn't for everyone.......that's why we have MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

EDIT: and I'm sorry for the double post.
                              Last edited by CODE_umb87; 04-12-2011, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                                SF/MVC isn't for everyone.......that's why we have MORTAL KOMBAT!!!
                                AMEN.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
                                X