Leon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That would be nice. I would like to all the series main characters
    Chris, Jill, Claire, Leon, Barry, Becky and Ada altogether in one setting working together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
      Out of ninety votes, the results are pretty damning for the James Bond/Solid Snake/Giacomo Casanova wannabe from RE4.
      NO! That is NOT Solid Snake!

Comment

• Originally posted by beasley23803 View Post
        I don't see why so many people have negative opinions about RE4's Leon. From the comments, it feels like being in High School again when all the nerds and unpopular guys are hating on the jocks and cool guys, for being better, stronger and cooler...?
        Maybe some of you are taking your frustrations out on the RE4 Leon....? ?? hmm. maybe some bad nerdy, unpopular experiences..??..hmm..hmm
        Maybe it's time for the small guys to make a come back..
        Pretty intense analysis. Do you have a master's or a doctorate in Social Psychology?

If the nerdy, unpopular, uncool, and unathletic people are the ones who dislike RE4 Leon, then what kind of people worship him? Surely they also have insecurities that cause them to like him. Or is it just the people who think differently than you that are cast in a bad light?

Can't we all just have likes or dislikes?

I also dislike the series Metal Gear (besides the two NES games). Surely that goes against the norm. Does this mean I have other negative behavioral traits, due in part to repressed, traumatic experiences from my formative years?

Comment

• Although Leon sure whined a lot more in RE2 when Ada kept running away, I still liked that version more. I thought his voice was one of the first in the series to really stand out (other than barry for obvious reasons). I also didn't have much of a problem with his RE4 version eithier, other than the fact that it was a bit hard for me to accept that Leon Kennedy is apparently the baddest mofo in the world.
          Last edited by REmaster; 11-11-2008, 10:49 PM.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• People hate RE4 Leon because he went from a normal human being in RE2 to a super-macho-Matrix-moves-machine in RE4. Not even government training will help you achieve that.

Comment

• True! but remember, this game isnt meant to be realistic.
              sometimes we just have to suspend belief.

Comment

• Actually, the virus outbreak is quite possible with genetic splicing and viruses can be made, mind you.
                However, huge trolls and parasites coming out of peoples heads with a man looking for the Presidents daughter in a fucking Foreign country is EVEN more unlikely.
                So yes, RE prior to 4 can be realistic, and so can RE4, but RE prior to 4 beat it on realism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                  Pretty intense analysis. Do you have a master's or a doctorate in Social Psychology?

If the nerdy, unpopular, uncool, and unathletic people are the ones who dislike RE4 Leon, then what kind of people worship him? Surely they also have insecurities that cause them to like him. Or is it just the people who think differently than you that are cast in a bad light?

Can't we all just have likes or dislikes?

I also dislike the series Metal Gear (besides the two NES games). Surely that goes against the norm. Does this mean I have other negative behavioral traits, due in part to repressed, traumatic experiences from my formative years?
                  It only takes being in high School or even middle school for a couple of years to see the connection between the two hate situations. I don't know what insecurity an athletic non nerdy jock could have that would cause him to favor RE4's Leon other than the fact he just sees a fictional charcater who resembles him.
                  And, I never played Metal Gear. Don't even know what it's about.

Originally posted by Andyfer_Ruu View Post
                  True! but remember, this game isnt meant to be realistic.
                  sometimes we just have to suspend belief.
                  Exactly. That's why I don't believe this is just a "simple hate" for a fictional character. It seems with some of the haters, that it's much deeper than that. I brought this up earlier in the debate. That the amount of dislike for RE4's Leon is unbelievable and I'm not talking about in numbers. It's the various repetitive comments that are so negative that got me wondering.
                  But hey, it's only a game, at least in my case.
                  Last edited by beasley23803; 11-12-2008, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beasley23803 View Post
                    It only takes being in high School or even middle school for a couple of years to see the connection between the two hate situations. I don't know what insecurity an athletic non nerdy jock could have that would cause him to favor RE4's Leon other than the fact he just sees a fictional charcater who resembles him.
                    And, I never played Metal Gear. Don't even know what it's about.

Exactly. That's why I don't believe this is just a "simple hate" for a fictional character. It seems with some of the haters, that it's much deeper than that. I brought this up earlier in the debate. That the amount of dislike for RE4's Leon is unbelievable and I'm not talking about in numbers. It's the various repetitive comments that are so negative that got me wondering.
                    But hey, it's only a game, at least in my case.
                    Dude, seriously. You're the one who tried to do a psycho-social analysis on the people who dislike Leon. You're saying that people who don't like him are the ones with insecurities, and deep-rooted social deficiencies. Don't you see how rude that is? You're taking it a step too far, and insulting a number of people who may, in fact, just simply dislike Leon (a fictional character) just because of his traits. But I guess "an athletic non nerdy jock" like you (and other pro-Leon fans) would never understand.

Anti-Leon RE fans can just as easily say that pro-Leon fans are unathletic, wimpy, socially inept tools who are trying to live out their "fantasies" through a fictional character. But that is just stupid.

Sometimes a complex reason isn't needed for a person to either like or dislike something. It's just a simple matter of taste.

For example...I don't like olives. Is it because of a repressed traumatic experience - my uncle, an olive farmer, was killed by Italian mobsters who were trying to muscle in on his olive racket - or because I just think they taste awful? You decide.
                    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-12-2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Sometimes a complex reason isn't needed for a person to either like or dislike something. It's just a simple matter of taste.
                      Yeah, and your one to talk about simple reasons for not liking something. When numerous times you've broken down RE4 Chapter by Chapter, enemy by enemy, plot by plot, etc. Just to show how much you hate it. Please, speak for yourself. And there's nothing wrong with that, I didn't expect the ultimate analytical thinker to criticize someone else for being analytical about the same thing. Boob, isn't that called hypocrisy? Or something like that?

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                      Dude, seriously. You're the one who tried to do a psycho-social analysis on the people who dislike Leon. You're saying that people who don't like him are the ones with insecurities, and deep-rooted social deficiencies. Don't you see how rude that is? You're taking it a step too far, and insulting a number of people who may, in fact, just simply dislike Leon (a fictional character) just because of his traits. But I guess "an athletic non nerdy jock" like you (and other pro-Leon fans) would never understand.

Anti-Leon RE fans can just as easily say that pro-Leon fans are unathletic, wimpy, socially inept tools who are trying to live out their "fantasies" through a fictional character. But that is just stupid.

Sometimes a complex reason isn't needed for a person to either like or dislike something. It's just a simple matter of taste.

For example...I don't like olives. Is it because of a repressed traumatic experience - my uncle, an olive farmer, was killed by Italian mobsters who were trying to muscle in on his olive racket - or because I just think they taste awful? You decide.
                      Getting a little offensive there ehh......?
                      First of all, who's saying these things, who's insulting people?
                      I specifically said that this RE4 Leon lynching reminds me of being in high school.
                      Do you mind quoting me when I said that those who hate RE4's Leon are "people with insecurities, and deep-rooted social deficiencies."

All I've emphasized on was the fact these "hate comments" are being thrown around as if he was a real human. And sure, I don't mind negative opinions about Leon, I'm just surprised at how much hate some people could have for a fictional character just for being a "bad ass, tough guy". It's sparks my interest and makes me want to know if maybe there's some other reason too.

But, I never accused anyone of any reason, Nor have I said that there has to be another reason for their dislike. I've stated possible theories though, such as the "nerd vs. jock" thing.

You're the one who's taking this too far. And unlike you, who has accused me of being athletic, non nerdy and a jock. How would you like it if I called you a nerdy, non athletic loser?

And FYI I wasn't either one. I was the guy who hung out with the Athletic team, the ugly and the cute chicks the nerds and the art club, which I was a member of.

Thanks for letting me kow who I am.
                      Jesus Christ, if your going to argue a point, at least be accuarte.
                      Last edited by beasley23803; 11-12-2008, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• I'm not going to be drawn into another argument with you. I just think that it is rude the way you basically insulted everyone that doesn't like Leon. It is one thing for you to state why you like or dislike something, but you can't try to say why others like or dislike a certain subject/object/thing.

I am merely saying that sometimes likes & dislikes are simple things, without hidden meanings or subtext.

As for the rest of the stuff you wrote...that is also simple. It's all there in the previous posts. Game, set, match.
                        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-12-2008, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• I'm not going to be drawn into another argument with you. I just think that it is rude the way you basically insulted everyone that doesn't like Leon. It is one thing for you to state why you like or dislike something, but you can't try to say why others like or dislike a certain subject/object/thing.
                          Boob, we don't have to get into another big RE4 War and you say you don't. But you draw your self deeper in these altercations when you, regardless of what has been said and explained continue to lie.

You keep bringing up this idea that I am being rude and insulting to others. Yet I've explained to you that this Leon hating is nothing more than an interest of mine. Like you said, sometimes likes & dislikes are simple things. So I have said that with some it may be deeper and I've stated my theories IMO why. But never accused anyone or called them anything. I didn't even assume this with any of the members here.

So I would greatly appreciate it if you
                          1. Speak for your self and stop trying to pull everyone else into this.
                          2. Stop with the intentional misinterpretations. I understand if you don't get it the first time, but after the second time when it's been thoroughly explained, it becomes clear that your just ignoring what's been said. Iknow this because you are not slow.

Good Day.
                          Last edited by beasley23803; 11-12-2008, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X