Leon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
    Just noticed one thing about Leon, lots of people didn't liked his new face model in Degeneration, but it's actually looks really similar to the face model he had in re2 (I mean some cg arts). I can't normally post pictures on ps3 so can someone do the comparesion? And post it.
    Yeah I dont like it either..he looks rough and very aged...

Comment

That was actually discussed before. It does look like they've updated the RE2 face (with next-gen technology) and placed the RE4 hair onto it.
      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-01-2008, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I like Leon's RE4 face. Which I don't like is his character reactions and emo's hair.
        I do not like RE new Degeneration's model aswell, he looks gayish.

Comment

Chris > Leon

Comment

Take away both Leon's hair and they kinda look the same anyway. It's just the emo shit that makes him look like a douchebag.

Comment

I feel like Leon's not all-that important. RE4 was great and everything but I feel like there are way more important characters to the series...Chris, Claire, Jill, even Ada, IMO, are more important to the story than Leon.

I mean, as a comparison, Leon was basically Secret Service -- Chris, meanwhile, has been working to destroy bioterror(Umbrella, TriCell, Wesker)for 10 years.

Comment

I just started playing RE4 again (on PC, no less *barf*), and I defeated Bitores Mendez (the big dude).

God, Leon's stupid quote "Hasta La Biego (or whatever it was)" made me laugh. What a stupid dick. He's full of himself.

Comment

When I play RE4, I enjoy letting Dr. Salvador decapitate Leon with the chainsaw.

According to the polls up above, (at this moment) 69% of voters hate RE4 Leon.

Comment

Is that unusual?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                      According to the polls up above, (at this moment) 69% of voters hate RE4 Leon.
                      Hate? Where in the poll does it state "do you hate Leon"? The results just say that majority of voters prefer RE2 Leon over RE4 Leon.

In one of the interviews someone from RE4 team stated, that they've made Leon in RE4 so that every word he says and every action he does indicates, that he's "cool". But it's clear that they overused this coolness "a little bit" (just like they did with DMC4 Dante... man, I hate him) :/.
                      Who on earth, after being chased by a group of crazy and deadly villagers and nearly killed by a man carrying a chainsaw would say something stupid and out of place like "Where's everyone's going? Bingo?"... :|.
                      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 10-02-2008, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• Bingo is held in a church, so you gotta admit that the comeback was pretty snappy

Leon shat all over it though.

Comment

• If only Leon resembled your avatar, Mr. Zombie.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            I feel like Leon's not all-that important. RE4 was great and everything but I feel like there are way more important characters to the series...Chris, Claire, Jill, even Ada, IMO, are more important to the story than Leon.

I mean, as a comparison, Leon was basically Secret Service -- Chris, meanwhile, has been working to destroy bioterror(Umbrella, TriCell, Wesker)for 10 years.
                            Yeah, I think the developers may have realized that now.

Comment

• I liked RE2 Leon more for some reason.
                              The part where Leon says "Man, why doesn't anybody listen to me" is just great!

RE4 Leon just seemed to different then his younger self.

Comment

• Hey everyone.

- Leon was a naive, inexperienced rookie police officer in RE2. He was charming in that, though he was in over his head, he did his best to protect and rescue others. He was never arrogant, or unlikeable. You could sympathize with him because he was a regular human placed into extraordinary circumstances.
                                Sure he was.

Regular Human Aspect 1- Leon is shot and has no real treatment for this beyond a bandage yet continues on (in a sewer of all places) unhindered.
                                Regular Human Aspect 2- Leon got attached to a woman he’s shared at most 10 minutes of discussion with. While he’s fleeing from the undead, wading around in human waste and generally not having anything to do with her in an intimate sense except for one short scene.
                                He’s as human as Keanu was in Speed.

Regular Human Aspect 3- He stopped to say “Game Over” to a monster who could impale him in ahlf-a-second. Talk about arrogant.

Oh and sympathetic? Anybody remember “Ada wait!”? Multiply that by about six times. Throw in *stares at a wall* “It’s a dead end” and “staring at the girl with her eyes closed on the floor* “Sherry’s unconscious.” His constant whining for Ada and his duel identity as Captain Obvious removes all sympathetic factors.

Enter RE4. All the sudden the Leon from RE2 was a POW/MIA. We now have a cocksure, arrogant, emo-haired loser.
                                It’s called “good-looking hair”. It’s making a fashion statement in opposition to every other RE character’s hair.

He spouts lame one-liners, never feels fear, can pull off Matrix-like flips, kicks, pirouettes, etc. He deploys grappling hooks from his belt.
                                Better than being a biker girl who can infiltrate large secret labs or take out scores of armed gunmen.

He charms all the ladies.
                                That was Carlos from RE3. His accent droves the ladies KRAAAAZYYYY I believe.

He has sword fights with a small hunting knife.
                                Unrealistic combat?!!?! Unthinkable! That only happens in...most games and movies. Hm.About as r

Did I mention his stupid hair?
                                We’re talking about Chris?

- Ada was a simple double-agent woman, who never showcased any sort of super abilities.
                                Apart from the getting slashed by steel-rending talons then getting up and lugging around a rocket launcher.

She was likable in that she was normal, and her heart betrayed her mission. Enter RE4 Ada (convenient that her and Leon's path crossed again, no?), a super-sleuth-ninja-spy that is apparently as light as a feather. She uses a grappling gun to swing, flip, and fly through the air with the skill of Spider-Man. Perhaps she was bitten by a radioactive spider sometime between 1998 and 2003. Otherwise, Ada is the cliched love interest. Used to be a damsel in distress, but today's youth enjoy their damsels to be as tough as their male hero.
                                She’s a standard love interest in RE2. Your bias is reaching the critical limit.

- Krauser is a gruff, tough, muscle-bound meanie that has it out for Leon. Apparently they used to be brothers-in-arms, but now they hate each other and duel it out with hunting knives. I don't think it was ever explained why Krauser switched sides (money, power, evil nature - all cliched explanations).
                                As opposed to Albert Wesker’s motives which are...money power, evil nature....all cliched explanations.
                                And that also describes a few other baddies. Well some were just crazy too but that’s about it.

Maybe it was explained. I've played through the game 3 times, but the story is so soporific that I usually just tune it out. Krauser is the ultimate cliche nemesis.
                                Your 3 playthroughs must have consisted of putting your fingers in yoru ears when the plot came up.

Krauser’s motives were to “bring order and balance to this insane world of ours.” He’s not after world domination or a mad scientist like the baddies who came before and will come after. He has a vague philosophical ambition to right the worl’d yin and yang so to speak.

Now let’s get to my opinion.
                                RE2 Leon is okay.
                                RE4 Leon is cool.

Anyone who tries to make RE2 Leon out to be anything more than a cliche is dreaming. A shmuck who has to escape death in a horror setting? Done countless times. Forms attachments to a woman in an unrealistic span of time? Same.

Steve Burnside wa sa better character.
                                Last edited by Becky's Butt; 10-02-2008, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X