Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 = Resident Evil 4 (Arguing in here! - Keep it civil)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    But, Ganados were decent enemies. I mean, they weren't awful.
    It's nice to finally see someone who didn't love RE4 come out and say this.

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    Plus, their intelligence did allow some of them to pose more of a threat by handling weaponry.
    Ahhh...it's finally been said. All I hear is zombie this, and zombie that. Zombies pose more of a threat, zombies 8 ur braynz! Okay, but, could zombies throw hatchets at you? Could zombies shoot flaming arrows at you? I'd rather be dodging flying blades and worrying about being stabbed and shot than trying to escape the clutches of equally slow, equally stupid zombies reaching out at you in an attempt to grab dinner.
    Last edited by Vector; 11-03-2008, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Maybe someday Capcom will introduce a game with lots of Crimson Heads as the enemy. Maybe.
      Hoping against hope... Believe me I used to have the same hopes. With that very first teaser of RE5, I thought the enemies were gonna be crimson heads too.
      But I've faced the reality that Capcom will never bring Resident Evil back to the good ol' days of T-Virus, Zombies, and other things that were awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
        Ahhh...it's finally been said. All I hear is zombie this, and zombie that. Zombies pose more of a threat, zombies 8 ur braynz! Okay, but, could zombies throw hatchets at you? Could zombies shoot flaming arrows at you? I'd rather be dodging flying blades and worrying about being stabbed and shot than trying to escape the clutches of equally slow, equally stupid zombies reaching out at you in an attempt to grab dinner.
        Hey now...c'mon. Play nice. Zombies are excellent enemies in pre-RE4 RE games, when you're trapped by the confinement of corridors & ammo was scarce.

A massive amount of zombies can be frightening. See "Dead Rising."

As for you generic Ganado or your generic Zombie...they're just tiding you over until you get to the Hunters, or the Iron Maidens. That's when you really start to get worried.

I will speak out against your vote in favor of dodging hatchets or crossbow bolts: imagine a game where you are being pursued by ridiculously fast moving Crimson Heads, who don't allow you much time to pause and aim, and if they overwhelm you, you are ripped to shreds & devoured. You'd constantly be on the run.

Which gameplay mechanic would have your heart palpitating more: dodging a hatchet tossed at you by a limited intelligence Ganado who is slowly walking at you (in your line of fire) -OR- a rabid, fast moving Crimson Head running at you with mindless ferocity?

Think about it, Capcom...I mean CR29, think about it.

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
        Hoping against hope... Believe me I used to have the same hopes. With that very first teaser of RE5, I thought the enemies were gonna be crimson heads too.
        But I've faced the reality that Capcom will never bring Resident Evil back to the good ol' days of T-Virus, Zombies, and other things that were awesome.
        Well, there's always the hope for future titles. Or maybe some other zombie franchise will be created down the road. You can always play "Left 4 Dead" or "Dead Rising 2."

Look at the bright side, you can still enjoy all your fave RE classics.
        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-03-2008, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Okay, I understand that RE4 has a huge fanbase, and that many people who played the older RE games disgree with my opinion on RE4. And that's fine.
          But with all due respect, I don't see how a person can call themselves a hardcore Resident Evil fan, and still think that Ganados are better than zombies.

Comment

You need to quit acting like you're better than everyone else just because you like the RE4+ style of gameplay better than the pre-RE4 style of gameplay
            God, I wish I would have logged in first, my ignore list would have made your post invisible, but oh well too late.
            Won't happen again though! LMAO
            In response to your soon to be invisible post. I'm just better than you, everyone else is cool in my book.

You have a nice day Boob, okay!
            Last edited by beasley23803; 11-03-2008, 04:37 PM.

Comment

As for you generic Ganado or your generic Zombie...they're just tiding you over until you get to the Hunters, or the Iron Maidens. That's when you really start to get worried.
              Obviously. The stars of the series may be the zombies/Ganados, but I feel like the Hunters, Iron Maidens, Lickers, etc., are the true heart of the series. They strike more fear into the player than all the zombies/Ganados in the entire series combined. I'd take a handful of Hunters over a city street-full of zombie stragglers any day.

I will speak out against your vote in favor of dodging hatchets or crossbow bolts: imagine a game where you are being pursued by ridiculously fast moving Crimson Heads, who don't allow you much time to pause and aim, and if they overwhelm you, you are ripped to shreds & devoured. You'd constantly be on the run.

Which gameplay mechanic would have your heart palpitating more: dodging a hatchet tossed at you by a limited intelligence Ganado who is slowly walking at you (in your line of fire) -OR- a rabid, fast moving Crimson Head running at you with mindless ferocity?
              I never owned a GameCube, never played REmake, so I never experienced a real Crimson Head. I do like them though, and I think that the enemies in RE5 should be like they were in the first RE5 teaser, more like Crimson Heads, more 28 Days Later style. To be honest, I'd like to hear the argument of someone who wouldn't be in favor of a game starring only Crimson Heads/zombie sprinters/Usain Bolt as a Ganado.

Think about it, Capcom...I mean CR29, think about it.
              Cynicism good, loyalty BAD! Got it.

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
              Okay, I understand that RE4 has a huge fanbase, and that many people who played the older RE games disgree with my opinion on RE4. And that's fine.
              But with all due respect, I don't see how a person can call themselves a hardcore Resident Evil fan, and still think that Ganados are better than zombies.
              I believe in embracing the series for what it is. Honestly, my favorite RE game is RE2, followed by RE4, RE1, RE3, etc., so I do love zombies. Zombies were the great. I just don't see the need to be a cynic and sit here and snip and nitpick about every fault that the new direction of the series has.

To tell you the truth, I don't have a preference. I just thought the idea of a zombie with a weapon, i.e. Ganados, is better than a zombie. What? That's right. Zombies loosely = Ganados. They're basically the same thing, it's just that Ganados hurl weapons and star in games with lots and lots of ammunition, and controls that are much more friendly to gun-play. All in all, the Zombies vs. Ganados argument is really getting old and fucking annoying, so I just don't care anymore. It's a matter of opinion.
              Last edited by Vector; 11-03-2008, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
                Just how I dont see how a person can still call themselves a hardcore fan and then say I no longer like the series. And I dont see how zombies are greater than ganados knowing that zombies cant climb latters, use weapons(chainsaw), or communicate with each other. Thats another thing, people get all whiney about the bad AI ganados have, yet zombies have absolutely no AI, they walk slowly up to you giving you enough time to think what to do.
                Last edited by CODE_umb87; 11-03-2008, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Maybe if Ganados at least didn't speak. Like, if they functioned purely on instinct, and a chaotic nature to kill non-Ganados. But the fact that they possess some intelligence and are able to reason and communicate with one another completely takes the terror out of it.

Comment

• I agree that zombies are alot more frightening than ganados are, but definitely not smarter.

Comment

Maybe if Ganados at least didn't speak. Like, if they functioned purely on instinct, and a chaotic nature to kill non-Ganados. But the fact that they possess some intelligence and are able to reason and communicate with one another completely takes the terror out of it.
                      Now, see, this I can't agree with. I'm all for primal instinct. I'm all for quiet insanity.

...but, the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park III were a lot scarier than the Raptors in the first two movies. Why? They communicated, they planned, and they used their intellect to try to eat William H. Macy! HOW IS THAT NOT SCARY?!

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                        I agree that zombies are alot more frightening than ganados are, but definitely not smarter.
                        I don't want Smart, though. I want chaotic. I want enemies that are trying to kill you no matter what. Enemies that won't feel pain, or bother using tactics. That's what makes zombies so appealing. Who cares that they can't climb ladders or use weapons? They can't be reasoned with either.
                        Last edited by Biohazard EX; 11-03-2008, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Maybe if Ganados at least didn't speak. Like, if they functioned purely on instinct, and a chaotic nature to kill non-Ganados. But the fact that they possess some intelligence and are able to reason and communicate with one another completely takes the terror out of it.
                          Plus I'm in Spanish III. I can understand every word they say. "¡Detrás de ti, imbécil!" Okay, turn around and blast them away. "¡Mátalo!" Damn, better gear up 'cause they want to kill me. "¡Te voy a matar!" I think you aren't gonna kill me, I'll kill you first. Plus, their laughing and such always gave them away. They really needed to shut their mouths though.

The only time I got a kick out of them talking was when the cultists moaned "Cerebros, cerebros, cerebros..." as they shambled toward you. "Brains, brains, brains..." Then I blasted away their cerebros. Then it got boring after about two times through. And I haven't played it since. As an action game, after I unlocked everything it got really stale like any game would. Didn't even have that much replay value for me like the originals did. I still need to get all that stuff in RE0 in the Leech Hunter game.

...Am I the only one who found some enjoyment in 0? D:

Comment

• Well, this is clearly a difference in opinion. I'm more afraid of something than can outwit me than something that can overpower me(i.e. I'd be more afraid of, say, The Riddler, than Bane. Catch mah drift?)

...and I'm not saying that Ganados can outwit you, I'm just trying to make a point.

Comment

• If I want to blast away a bunch of angry Spaniards, I'll play Uncharted.

Zero would've been one of the best RE games ever, if it wasn't for Marcus' horrible fashion sense and singing. That made me go, "Give me a break. That's just silly."

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                              Well, this is clearly a difference in opinion. I'm more afraid of something than can outwit me than something that can overpower me(i.e. I'd be more afraid of, say, The Riddler, than Bane. Catch mah drift?)

...and I'm not saying that Ganados can outwit you, I'm just trying to make a point.

I think that's kind of a double standard though. It's like, if you ask me "What's scary?" I'd say, a human with NO intelligence. And an animal WITH intelligence. I don't know why that works, but it does.
                              Like, let's say you see this horror movie, or whatever, and there's always that big lug of a manchild, whose mother was a crack fiend alcoholic or whatever, and so because the guy grew up with a mental disability, it makes them that much scarier. Which was why Jason Voorhees was scary. Before they whored him out, I mean.

But it's really beyond reasoning, all I know is that zombies scared me a hell of a lot more than Ganados. And you seriously need to play REmake, sometime. I don't care how. It's the best Resident Evil game there will ever be.
                              Last edited by Biohazard EX; 11-03-2008, 05:37 PM.

Comment

And you seriously need to play REmake, sometime. I don't care how. It's the best Resident Evil game there will ever be.
                                True, that game is also probibly the hardest RE game out there, since it makes you conserve ammo, and when I say conserve I mean really conserve since I found out the hard way, and dodge enemies whenever possible in order to survive. I prefer the REmake over the original. That there is real survivor horror.
                                Last edited by CODE_umb87; 11-03-2008, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X