No announcement yet.

Replaying: Resident Evil 1 (Original)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see the inconsistence, is it because the welded door from the fountain doesn't lead directly to the heliport? If so, was that ever stated?

Comment

I thought it might not after this, but if you look at the .gif mansion map pic, it does. The other inconsistency is the location of trevors grave as I talked about previously.

Comment

You got these?
        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Yep, they were the base.

Comment

np

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
              Been busy with the maps. Just finished the basic layout now, colors will change though. But here, check this out. I hate these inconsistencies in the game
              Looks like someone got confused and merged the long corridor that leads to the heli-pad elevator in the lab with the fountain area up top lol.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Not even sure what they did, cause there is no elevator in that area at all. My only guess is that they had to make it curved so that Rebecca and the others that stay behind can fight off the "monsters" that appear. Otherwise they would just appear and it would be odd if they didn't run into you while the others talked about going first. Also, lol @ spelling.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-06-2009, 07:45 AM.

Comment

lol, never notice that before. About the map, I can see the inconsistence now, I didn't remembered the ingame map.

Comment

Not even sure what they did, cause there is no elevator in that area at all. My only guess is that they had to make it curved so that Rebecca and the others that stay behind can fight off the "monsters" that appear. Otherwise they would just appear and it would be odd if they didn't run into you while the others talked about going first. Also, lol @ spelling.
                    In REmake, when you try and use something and it doesn't work, it says "It's not necessary use this now."

Comment

Also, lol @ spelling.
                      Yay, I'm not the only person to notice!

Comment

I know it's not the original but does anybody know how you unlock "One Dangerous Zombie" in remake from all the guides online it mentions that you need to have completed the game with both Jill and Chris and that it shows up in the Once Again menu well I've done all that but no Forest :-( the only difference I see is the zombie is missing from the 2nd floor of the dining room when I replay Once Again, when I unlocked it before I seem to remember him appearing in the corridor with the 1st zombie too.
                        Last edited by kevstah2004; 09-08-2009, 05:42 AM.

sigpic

Comment

IIRC you only need to beat the game once to get One Dangerous Zombie.
                          The first time you see him should be on the 2F dining room balcony, and he has 2 possible spawn points there.
                          He should only appear where the first zombie does much later on in the game (I used to find him there when I was going to the piano, after I'd finished compiling the sheet music).
                          sigpic

Comment

Usual Forest locations:
                            -2F Dining room balcony
                            -2F hallway above medicine room (he comes through the dog whistle door. The great thing about this location involves letting a crimson head spawn. Sandwich Forest between you and the V-ACT and he can get smacked to the ground, no explosion)
                            -2F candlelit room (he replaces the zombie behind the cupboard, where you find the first piece of sheet music)
                            -1F Kenneth hallway (it's funny, if you're careful you get this silhouetted view of him right in front of Kenneth's body. Forest stands there, shaking every few seconds; coupled with his "wooohhhhhhhh..." moan it's comedy gold)

There might be one or two more, and he disappears after the Yawn fight. I think one or both of the playthroughs should be on hard mode, unless I'm confusing it with Invisible Enemy or how to unlock something in Silent Hill...

Comment

I think you have to beat the game with Jill and Chris on the same save file to unlock it. One Dangerous Zombie annoys the hell out of me, so I make sure to have separate slots for both Jill and Chris.
                              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I think I've firgured it out, Forest only appears if you do one of the following,
                                open the grave with Arrow Head or take The book of Curse.
                                Hacking The book of Curse or mansion Sword key into the inventory doesn't
                                work you have to trigger the event yourself, you can play the whole of Once Again
                                without seeing Forest as long as you don't do the above by hacking the inventory to have the Sword key
                                or using a unlock all doors code.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X