Replaying: Resident Evil 1 (Original)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    hahahahah, that was ace. Never ran into any glitches like that any time i've played it.

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    I'm streaming my play right now on justin.tv

http://www.justin.tv/dot50cal
    *watching*
    Last edited by A-J; 09-12-2009, 11:46 AM.

Comment

You dieddddddd D: I'm sure you have to interact with the door to get Barry to save you.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
        You dieddddddd D: I'm sure you have to interact with the door to get Barry to save you.
        You do in REmake, at least. You have to check both doors before Barry will come. If you only check one, he won't come and you'll die.

Comment

Damn those demon boulders. XD
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Boulder FAIL.

Comment

Yaaaay! Custom tags... and you got that red herb! See, I know you liked getting it 'cause you used it instead of the three green herbs you had in the Tyrant fight.

Comment

Haha. Very well played though. I figured it was going to be quite a longer time finish though. I just remembered though that he restarted a couple times. Lots of hilarious moments there.

Comment

The demon boulder and Jill spraying blood everywhere were (an awesome) epic FAIL xD.

I haven't played the original RE1 in a long time so watching the whole game again, with lots of hilarious moments and comments , was really great.
                  Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 09-12-2009, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Some revelations from todays play:
                    • Jill can be crushed and Barry wont save her. To accomplish this, you only need to do a puzzle or two in the West Side of the mansion. Barry will not save you.
                    • Its very apparent when you are going to be crushed, since the block starts much lower when you will die. If Barry will save you, it will be considerably higher to allow for their conversation.
                    • Barry saving Jill is NOT tied to meeting him at forest, or the 002 room.
                    • Barry saving Jill = Explore east side first, or this wont happen!
                    • Richard dies anywhere between 10 and 15 minutes.
                    • If Richard dies, Barry has additional dialog when you defeat Yawn in which he gives you the radio (You miss Brads calls in the courtyard).
                    • Even if Richard dies and you have the un used serum, you still fall and Barry takes you to the save room.
                    • 002 room conversation SEEMS to be linked to:
                      Barry with Forest
                      Barry in the Fish Tank room
                      Seeing the zombie eating kenneth????
                    • The Crackhorn zombie didn't enter after I had killed the zombie right outside the hallway. It seems linked.
                    • Even if you don't get the Fish Tank scene, the document is still shredded after a while.
                    • The Boulder Incident.
                    • Chris is a dumbass and lets himself die even though all locks are released and he can easily escape.
                    • Zombies can still bite you if they fall immediately on your legs after their second "downing" (HAX!).
                    • Barry WONT TALK ABOUT THE ACID ROUNDS if you inventory is full (wooo Jerome!)
                    • You CANNOT change back to Jills normal clothing once you change to the alternate costume (WTFFFF)
                    • Snakes respawn when you kill them.
                    • 759 is a code for the V-Jolt mixing room (315 also)
                    • The plant vine that grabs your neck DOES hurt you.
                    • Richard does have a clip (check near his head). It will stay if you let the Hunters eat him (speculation that they eat him..)
                    • The game wont let you leave Barry on the floor in the lab.

Things to test:
                    • Barry always??? saves Jill from Plant 42 if you don't use V-Jolt
                    • Leaving before Barry returns with a rope makes him not appear in the Catacombs (die in labs??)
                    • Jerome says that you can get the scene with Jill being poisoned and not collapsing if you don't get the serum and wait for Richard to die (and get poisoned by Yawn of course).
                    • I need to try using the Serum when Jill is poisoned before leaving Yawns attic.

Comment

• This was probably the most fun I've had either playing or spectating a RE game in a very long time. Can't wait for the next one. I agree about the costume thing as well it's kind of odd. Still want to see the "crackhorn" zombie too.
                      Last edited by Agent_Wong; 09-12-2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Dot, I checked it again after I said it, seeing Kenneth getting eaten has nothing to do with seeing Barry with Forest. Just me being wrong there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                          [*]Leaving before Barry returns with a rope makes him not appear in the Catacombs (die in labs??)
                          This is true. During my first EVER playthrough with Jill I didn't wait for Barry to get the rope that made him to not appear in the caves and he died in the labs next to the item box.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Just wondering...after the other day's high-jinx. Is anyone else gonna revisit re1 and have a playthrough? I'm actually thinking about starting a run here pretty soon.

Comment

• Last time I played RE1, it was with the japanese Saturn version, but the game kept freezing when I got to the computer in the lab. Does anyone know why ? I use an Action Replay on my Pal Saturn to boot the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post

Quick question though Rob, whats this one mean/change? "2. Wasting time instead of investigating the other rooms."

Is that in regards to Richard, or ?
                                No, I believe thats in reference to no searching the other rooms off the dining hall when Barry is examining the blood, the aforementioned zombie through doorway sequence.

That video you posted of the Hunters in the Kenneth Hall is one of the hardest bits in the entire game for that reason, even more so if you come from the basement floor end where you can't see anything but the doorway. And you didn't even get the tag=teaming alternate swipes even. Thats a real bitch.

Dum-dum's are real, they're soft ended bullets. The most commonly known are hollow points as per their description although Dum-dum's aren't specific just to this type.

The alteration in speed in the PAL version is exactly as Gene mentioned, the frame rate was never adjusted because the PAL conversion alters the timing. I know you have the PAL version there somewhere... if you have any way to record it and the US version for comparison sake, stand in one spot and fire off a clip of bullets in both versions. You'll see the change in timing. The most obvious look is as I mentioned elsewhere, in RE2 and 3 - the Gatling Guns - the results are hugely different.
                                Last edited by Rombie; 09-13-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X