Replaying: Resident Evil 1 (Original)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
    Last time I played RE1, it was with the japanese Saturn version, but the game kept freezing when I got to the computer in the lab. Does anyone know why ? I use an Action Replay on my Pal Saturn to boot the game.
    Wesker planted the T-virus on your disc so you can't get to him and discover his evil plot. And Barry distracts you whilst he does it.

Comment

• I need to find the time to make a couple playthroughs of RE: DS again. I need a good laugh.

"No, don't come this way!"
      Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 09-13-2009, 11:11 PM.
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent_Wong View Post
        Is anyone else gonna revisit re1 and have a playthrough?
        I did one playthrough with Jill last night.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
          The alteration in speed in the PAL version is exactly as Gene mentioned, the frame rate was never adjusted because the PAL conversion alters the timing. I know you have the PAL version there somewhere... if you have any way to record it and the US version for comparison sake, stand in one spot and fire off a clip of bullets in both versions. You'll see the change in timing. The most obvious look is as I mentioned elsewhere, in RE2 and 3 - the Gatling Guns - the results are hugely different.
          I just experienced this for the first time this weekend, and holy hell is there a difference. I finished up my Chris run on my PAL original disc (god damn it's finally over) and jumped straight into the US PSN version of Directors Cut Dual Shock, and the difference is like night and day. It's ridiculous that our version is actually this much slower.

Is this the same for our versions of Resident Evil 2 and 3? If so, Capcom need to hurry up and put them up on the US PSN.

As I said, I finished up Chris' run in the original mode, and ran through Jill Arranged and up to the guardhouse with Chris Arranged. It definitely is a challenge, but having never played it before, it's fun as hell.

As usual though, Chris is still a bastard. His arranged mode has even more backtracking and running between east and west than I've seen in any other Resident Evil title. That friggin' Sword key will be the death of me, I swear.

Comment

• Originally posted by randomwab View Post
            Is this the same for our versions of Resident Evil 2 and 3?
            Yes. After playing NTSC versions I can't play the PAL ones now. It's too frustrating.
            sigpic

Comment

• Now Im really anticipating playing the PAL copies

Comment

• Any plans on doing RE2 anytime soon?

Comment

• @ Sly, I can't tell you why, but I can tell you that you are not alone, I had exactly the same problem with another import playing cartridge on my PAL Saturn, every time you try to ender the door unlocking codes in the lab the game would freeze solid. Never did figure out why!

Comment

• Thanks ! Good news, I'm not to blame. Bad news, I can't do anything about it.

Comment

• Emma, eventually yes. But for now its gonna be RE1 for a while haha. I'm thinking about what we can do with Justin.tv, since this one seemed like a hit with everyone who watched. Maybe we can use it for showing something that noone has ever seen before . The possibilities are really exciting.

Everyone who PMed me has a tag and special icon. In a month, you can PM me again and request a custom tag, but for now I want to keep you guys on the Boulder tag ;) If you didn't contact me yet, but saw the stream (during anytime) let me know and I'll give you the boulder status.
                      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-14-2009, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Well that was all cool, everyone was getting along great and good times were had by all. What we witnessed just can't be described by any form of words...

*kanye west grabs the mic* Beyonce's video was the best!!! *punches Kanye in the face*

Now...where was I? Oh yea, I'm cracking up over the tag it's sweet. And I swear to god if your talking about stripping on justintv...I'd rather wash my eyes out with rusty nails. PsOne games are 3 stars dude...
                        Last edited by Agent_Wong; 09-14-2009, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Maybe we can use it for showing something that noone has ever seen before . The possibilities are really exciting.
                          I like where this is going

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            Emma, eventually yes. But for now its gonna be RE1 for a while haha. I'm thinking about what we can do with Justin.tv, since this one seemed like a hit with everyone who watched. Maybe we can use it for showing something that noone has ever seen before . The possibilities are really exciting.

Everyone who PMed me has a tag and special icon. In a month, you can PM me again and request a custom tag, but for now I want to keep you guys on the Boulder tag ;) If you didn't contact me yet, but saw the stream (during anytime) let me know and I'll give you the boulder status.
                            A playthrough of RE2 and RE3 would be so hot. What did you use to record your tv screen with? I imagine RE2 would be even more of a hit given the popularity of the game. It was great fun, you should do it again sometime.

Comment

• This game is ***. PS1 games are ***. HEY A_J YOUR A ***.

Comment

• There was a terrible demon boulder incident, but also a terrible demon Tyrant incident, with Jill skewered like a roasted lamb, hmm, delicious...

Every time Dot said "oh, there's a demon" I giggled

Comment

Working...
                                X