Darkside Chronicles Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
    Oh thank god, at least one of them is fine then.

How do they work the A/B scenarios? Is it just melded into one big one or do the characters split up?
    one big one, many things have been changed, but don't afect the final result: RE2, of course, it's not like a remake, but at least it has the atmosphere, Birkin ataking you in many forms, Mr. X chasing you 'till death, and many references to the original (and of coure the scenarios are totally remade from the original, not like what UC did, using does stupid Outbreak scenarios).

Just finished WATCHING the RE2 scenario, I loved it, except the ending:
    Spoiler:

Comment

Well we all should have known really. Even the files sound a dissappointment, just a rehash of what we have already read before.

I have two questions only, the rest i will await for the PAL release.
      1. Is Wesker involved in Operation Javier in any shape or form?

2. Just when did Alexander Ashford die???
      "I've got 100 cows."
      "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        Spoiler:
        Are there any new viruses? After watching Javier scenario trailers, I was under the impression those zombies are different... Even Leon mentions it. And that 1st Boss in 1st scenario. What virus was used to create it?

I watched final parts of RE2 scenario on Youtube... CG cutscenes are great, but they are poorly directed. Re2 CG cutscenes POWN DSC ones.

SPOILER(more or less, small one regarding RE2)

For example they screwed the whole "William slaughters USS team" CG cutscene from RE2. You see him punch one guy... And that's it. It even doesnt show rats eating bodies or viruses. So not cool. Alligator's head doesnt explode in bloody shower like it did in RE2. And William's last form gets lost in the tunnel. LITERALLY. It doesnt even die and no explosion is shown. RE2 CG was so great, I especially liked when timer reached 0 and William's eye was shown like "F**k, I'm screwed". Nothing like that in DSC. Mr X fight is cool though, but it's death was screwed BIG TIME. Remember how it was blown into chunks, in 4 still shots and with cheesy one-liners? Here it just falls to the ground. No even a dedicated death scene, no explosion, nothing. You end up with impression he's still alive. You do kill him with Rocket Launcher and that's where similarity ends. William's groan SUCKS too. He looks awesome though. They really did a great job in remaking him.
        Last edited by BahamutRetsu; 11-17-2009, 12:03 PM.

Comment

just played cv chapters.....WHAT THE FUCK??!@#!@#

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by BahamutRetsu View Post
            Are there any new viruses? After watching Javier scenario trailers, I was under the impression those zombies are different... Even Leon mentions it. And that 1st Boss in 1st scenario. What virus was used to create it?
            Spoiler:

Comment

Are any of the files groundbreaking/reveal new and important information? Do they answer at least one fucking thing? :L
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

They renamed T-Veronica virus to just Veronica virus.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  Are any of the files groundbreaking/reveal new and important information? Do they answer at least one fucking thing? :L
                  so far,i got like 80% of them. and so far they are old files...just like UC.

and just to add,this is a great rail shooter game gameplay wise. however most re fans play it for the storylines..[cv!@#]. and they again killed it and got lazy with scenes/files..so its a major fuckup
                  Last edited by thane; 11-17-2009, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    Nothing yet.

Comment

• So, to conclude:

The game is a massive disappoint storyline wise - at least for the Code: Veronica section.

Comment

• WTF man..that's F up. I wouldn't have imagine that will happened to Alfred in the end.

Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                          WTF man..that's F up. I wouldn't have imagine that will happened to Alfred in the end.

Spoiler:
                          What the fricking fuck?! Is it even explained why she does it?

Also: Spoiler:
                          Last edited by BadWolfX; 11-17-2009, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post

Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Now that explains all the bloodstains on them... And Leon not knowing what they are, cuz he never met em. As for the first boss... Unexpected. I thought it was something different. Letdown after letdown. Bu thanks for answering these questions Although I have one last questions left... What is the connection between Manuela and those creatures? I mean her arm been bandaged and 1st boss listening to her and not attacking. In short, what is Manuela's problem? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post

Spoiler:
                                Last edited by xfactor; 11-21-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X