No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Damnation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click "Watch sneak peek" and then it plays the 2nd trailer. Hover to the right and click "more clips" then "Evacuate" also "Organism of War".
    Spoiler:

Comment

• Great stuff. Looks fantastic.
      "I've got 100 cows."
      "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Mercer sounds so much like Mercier it's frightning!

Strange 'Las Plagas' video too. Messed up the tag there. But it looking good.
        http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
        http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
        Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• That licker video was awesome! I love that kind of stuff! I was so intrigued at the slides in RE1 with Neptune, Cerberus, Hunters, and Tyrant.

Can't wait for this though, it looks great!

Comment

• "I guess I'll have to lose my american citizenship for a while. She can tell them I got lost and missed my flight"

Fucking Leon, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
              "I guess I'll have to lose my american citizenship for a while. She can tell them I got lost and missed my flight"
              I'm liking Leon more and more, thanks to DSC,Damnation and RE6.

That non funny cocky bastard from RE4 is a thing of the past, thank god.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
                I'm liking Leon more and more, thanks to DSC,Damnation and RE6.

That non funny cocky bastard from RE4 is a thing of the past, thank god.
                Wait, a funny, cocky line from Damnation is making you like Leon more than when he did the exact same thing in RE4? That makes zero sense.

Still, good to see that some remnant of his sense of humor remains intact even after the voice actor change. I was beginning to worry he'd be as supremely boring as Chris/Piers/interchangeable nameless soldier.
                A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Eh, I know it was just a brief clip, but Matthew Mercer sounds much better in 6 than he does in Damnation.

He sounds nothing like Paul Mercier in that clip.

Comment

• Leon's sense of humor in RE4 is what made the character likeable to me. Before that he was a generic boring protagonist with no personality. Then along came Degeneration, featuring a Leon that was even more boring than Chris. They seem to have made him a bit less dull in Damnation and RE6, but I don't think he'll ever return to his RE4 greatness.
                    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• His personality in BH4 was shit. Spouting goofy, terribly localized dialogue is not great, likable or interesting.

His portrayals in Damnation and BH6 are closer to what he was originally written as in BH4 and are overall much more interesting and realistic. While he jokes around, he isn't a self-satisfied dickhead and jokes aren't 99% of his dialogue. He's exactly what you'd think a survivor of a zombie-filled town turned six year trained agent would be.
                      Last edited by News Bot; 09-10-2012, 08:07 PM.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• I was going to answer DarkMemories but NB nailed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                          His portrayals in Damnation and BH6 are closer to what he was originally written as in BH4 and are overall much more interesting and realistic. While he jokes around, he isn't a self-satisfied dickhead and jokes aren't 99% of his dialogue. He's exactly what you'd think a survivor of a zombie-filled town turned six year trained agent would be.
                          I can live with the Leon we've seen so far in Damnation in RE6. It's a huge improvement from Degeneration Leon, who did his best Chris impersonation for the entire film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                            It's a huge improvement from Degeneration Leon, who did his best Chris impersonation for the entire film.
                            Too much hate on Chris you got there..I wouldn't say that degen Leon = every Chris at all.
                            If you think that Chris is boring cuz he aint making stupid jokes like Leon did in 4,then I feel sorry for you.
                            Chris is the character who gain alot through series existence.

Spoiler:

That's quet alot you can say about this guy.He got personality.That's why i like him more than enyone in this game and why i wona watch him.
                            It's awesome how they progress chris further in 6.Alchool..Nuts...great.

Sorry for offtop,just kinda pisses me off when someone saying that chris sux.

Back on topic.Not really the fan of degeneration,but still it is biohazrd universe,it's canon to a story so I'm preordering this on too.It looks promising.

Comment

• Time for an Unlikely News Bot Prediction!

I'm hoping Ada is the CIA agent Leon is meant to rendevous with.
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by mad_radhead View Post
                                Too much hate on Chris you got there.
                                I don't think that Chris "sux;" I just think he's boring. He's too mission-focused and dull to be interesting to me. In RE5, pretty much every scene ended with him saying something akin to "Let's get on with the mission." It's just boring dialogue, which is something Chris has had much more of throughout the series than Leon. Chris had a few zingers in the original, but that's not canon, so it's irrelevant. Also, how does Chris smoking make him interesting?

RE6 seems to have given Chris some personality, which is great and well overdue. Yes, I am aware that they tried to flesh out his personality with his desk in RE2/RE3 (disorderly mess, guitar, etc.), but that's never expanded on. In the games, Chris is far from disorderly (until RE6, that is). And as dull as I think Chris is, at least he has more personality than Jill.

The original Resident Evil literally had two characters to choose from: bland action-hero male protagonist and dull token hot female protagonist. Neither had personality, and if you ask me it's because the player was supposed to project themselves onto the character. Remake barely changed any of this. Only with RE2 onward did character development start to slowly occur.

I think you're right about Chris and Jill having a Mulder-Scully thing going on, though (but without all the romantic BS towards the end).

Comment

Working...
                                X