Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont have to ban people often here, so when I do, there's usually a reason. The big one being pirating. Im sure 99% of people have broken piracy laws in some way, whatever, you did it, keep it to yourself. And if you are going to make a mod, learn to make a patch that changes the required files, rather then uploading a full game, which is a clear violation of the piracy rules of the forum. Break the law on your time, in your place, not here.

Comment

• Why was talk of the newest information leak banned?
      sigpic

Comment

• Yeah, I don't find it very "confidential". It's quite interesting actually, and creates more hype = more sales for Capcom.

Comment

• We have our reasons for not talking about it, beneficial to us all in the end I believe. Please report any thread on it if you see it, and do not post on the subject.

Comment

• We were asked by Capcom, simple as that. This information wasn't supposed to be leaked out like this, and cooperating with their requests is within our best interests.

At the moment, you only have one site who is still stubbornly reporting on it. Everyone else is staying far away from it, and for good reason. Right now, that information is poison to any site posting it.
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-19-2008, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• It is bad for the fans to know this information. Me and Dot were asked by Capcom to remove the info, and to help the info on all other sites be removed as well. So far, everyone has co-operated bar one website, and that website is now in Capcom's bad books and will do hard to get their co-operation for interviews/any content at all in the future.

Like Dot said, having this information on your site is poison at the moment. Even more so when you've been asked directly to remove it and you say no. Hell, we don't even know what sort of legal implications are in place to stop this sort of thing.

Comment

• Even though I think its a sign of good will, when sites do as CAPCOM asks, I think anyone who is saying anything about a site becoming "blacklisted" in terms of content, exclusive or not, has little idea just how little is CAPCOM paying attention to the fansites in comparison to some of the Western studios.

You could easily flip them the finger and not worry about any retaliation.

Originally posted by Alexia-Ashford View Post
                Hell, we don't even know what sort of legal implications are in place to stop this sort of thing.
                I wouldnt worry about that. There cant be any legal implications if the EULA doesnt state you cant dig in the files and post lines of code out in the public. Then again, you dont actually own any of your games, you own the right to use the games, not the games themselves. So if CAPCOM will push that...
                Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 12-19-2008, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• I'd imagine that would be the case with 99% of fan-sites out there, as there really isn't a direct relationship between Capcom and them. However, Rehorror apparently has an interview lined up with Takeuchi for RE5, similar to what they did with RE4.

If Capcom did indeed contact them and ask them to remove it, and they refused, I cant imagine that would go through still.

Comment

• When it comes to things like this, personally I like to set myself some rules and standards. We could've probably done what was done ourselves, plastered it all over the front page, linked friends and family around the globe, shot off angry e-mails and started biting the hand that feeds when they kindly ask us to remove something. But we chose not to.

Why did we do that? 'cause this is the type of stuff that can be much more interesting to do after the game has been released, when everyone have experienced the game and so on. In this time of Christmas, have you already been sneak peeking into your Christmas Presents?

Anyway;

1: We don't run the risk of spoiling the game. Not for ourselves, not for everyone else.
                    -Is this really how your first playthrough of RE5 should be? You somewhat knowing what will evt. happen?

2: We don't trouble anyone.
                    -Capcom certainly has put big money into their campaign for Resident Evil 5. And they've certainly got their own plans for when and how to reveal stuff. This also includes what to even reveal before the game comes out. So play along with it. It's more fun (and info) "in the long run" than to spoil the main game

3: We will have the chance to tinker with this stuff for all eternity later anyway.
                    -Finding different types of unused stuff is actually more fun after you've played the game without spoilers and you actually know what's there. Stuff like this current "situation" (to overdramatize it a bit) could may even mean that we in the future wont see a demo released as early as this one. Maybe it'll be tied back-to-back with the retail, to avoid possible spoilers like this being found in the demo data. And for those who love looking for unused stuff, that may even mean that there is less old leftover data in the public demo to look for. Now... you wouldn't want that, now would you?

And as some of you know, Capcom has been very active on the community front lately.
                    You've got the whole Capcom Unity thing. You've actually got Sven from the US office posting and answering people's questions. You've got Street Fighter 2 HD Remix where people from OCRemix got to do the soundtrack. You've got the Top Secret Bionic Commando podcast where they talk of a lot of funky insider stuff with guests and more. And we've now got the Resident Evil 5 Kijuju ARG going. Capcom really is trying to reach out to the fans these days in many new ways never even properly done before by a game company, and since we're all fans here; I think it's only appropriate that we should behave, set a good sample like the good fans should. (which ofcourse doesn't mean we'd necessarily mindlessly eat and accept anything. If something feels wrong, we'll ofcourse speak up.)

Comment

• Capcom will never be as fan-run as Crystal Dynamics is, which is a shame. There are numerous Eidos and CD members joined up to Tomb Raider Forums, and they are constant posters (each has massive postcounts; Jaywalker has over 4000, and Keir has over 10000). Keir has once said that the fans really don't realize how much the suggestions on the forums shape the game.

If Capcom were REALLY listening to fans, they would try and run as far away from the RE4 formulae as possible. However, RE4 brought the $$$, so that won't happen

Comment

• Carnivol, Im not asking you to justify your actions. I know why you guys chose to take it all down and its a respectable decision, common courtesy, if you will. Thats the end. Just because Im from reH, doesnt mean I dont know how the world spins or should spin. DaMas decision to not to delete the information is hardly just out of spite and probably is there to catch and keep more members.

Theres a couple of things youre wrong about, and before the overall jolly CAPCOM love in this thread reaches critical limits, where people admire the palm that smites them (hehe, see what I did there?), theres a few misguiding piece of info.

Why did we do that? 'cause this is the type of stuff that can be much more interesting to do after the game has been released, when everyone have experienced the game and so on. In this time of Christmas, have you already been sneak peeking into your Christmas Presents?
                        You, I and everyone else, everywhere, who has ever dealt with story driven videogames knows that this is simply not true. The most interesting time is when you are suddenly shown some information on what to expect in the game. And thats before, not after. Nobody cares about that after the game has been released. Theres skins, perhaps some locked content that never made it, but its out of interest. Its digging in the time of anticipation. And yes, I always try to sneak peek my presents, always have ;)

You've actually got Sven from the US office posting and answering people's questions.
                        Youre saying CAPCOM has been more active lately, yet you bring this as proof. CAPCOM-Europe forums had "Ask CAPCOM" subsection for years, and a few years before I joined it in 2002. The slight increase in community interaction is really insignificant after youve seen what the likes of DICE, IW and even EAs own studios have done. CAPCOM is behind progress, not ahead of it.

Like I said, I respect your decisions and they make sense, but please dont try to portray CAPCOM as good buddies who deserve excellent treatment because theyve been treating their own fanbase and community that great. It insults those of us who actually know.

Common courtesy, thats all it is.

Capcom really is trying to reach out to the fans these days in many new ways never even properly done before by a game company
                        No. Seriously. Carnivol. No.

Comment

• Well, I know I for one avoided the spoiler stuff as much as possible. And I don't wanna know about my presents, either. I guess I'm with Carn on this...simply put I know as much as I wanna, especially about the story and characters. I knew everything that happened in Code: Veronica before I bought it. And it took me about a month to beat the game because I simply wasn't that interested anymore.

On the other hand I was completely offline before I got RE4 and knew nothing beyond it was Leon, and there were no zombies. Beat the game in about two days. Even with such a cliched plot I wanted to know if everything happened as I expected.

It did.

Equally, I agree that getting into a demo afterwards like this is more interesting because you can see what's been changed, what they've done differently, maybe even things that were planned and scrapped. I want all the information after I've played, so I can compare then. I do not wanna know the game inside out before it's even out here.

As for DaMa keeping it up on his site...well, I disagree with that. Common curtesy to Capcom, given how good they've been to REhorror, would mean that it should be down now if Capcom asks. It's as simple as that. DaMa's shooting himself in the foot, especially if he really does have an interview lined up. I imagine the interview would attract more eyes than a demo hack as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Equally, I agree that getting into a demo afterwards like this is more interesting because you can see what's been changed, what they've done differently, maybe even things that were planned and scrapped. I want all the information after I've played, so I can compare then. I do not wanna know the game inside out before it's even out here.
                            Think of it this way. How many people have actually gone into RE4 files after the game was out, to dig in them, just in case theres something that they missed? And compare that to the frenzy we had a day ago. After the game has been out, nobody, except for modders, will care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                              Think of it this way. How many people have actually gone into RE4 files after the game was out, to dig in them, just in case theres something that they missed? And compare that to the frenzy we had a day ago. After the game has been out, nobody, except for modders, will care.
                              I seem to recall there being some April fool's joke last year, made out of scrap material dug out of a certain familiar game... It made headlines everywhere.
                              Then there was some article on picking a certain demo apart... I think that thing has gathered a good few thousands of hits (the discussion topic is at 22 000+)
                              And, oh, then there are those times when a bunch of videos showing unused features, leftover graphics from an earlier design direction and some other stuff popped up... I seem to recall a lot of people dropping their jaw to the floor when those popped up too

And... to think that all of this could pop up without the game being spoiled for anyone... woah!

Also, you're doing a poor job at "defending your case" (or whatever you wanna call it) in that previous post of yours. If you're gonna try to pick someone's post apart with stuff you apparently don't know too much about yourself, then either don't or do your research and present a case

Comment

• Also, remember people that no one in the UK, Europe, or USA is supposed to even have this demo yet. It's Japan only. Only specific media outlets have been given demos, for review purposes. reHorror could get in trouble for that alone, hacking pirated content, and plastering it across their front page. It's ridiculous to assume Capcom won't want to take it further.

They've pirated a demo, hacked it, and posted what they found. When the company who created it, Capcom requested it be taken off, they refused. Like you said, they have the right to PLAY the game, not do this. We don't even have the right to play it yet until it's released here, properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X