Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait a minute so you can report each other? Ok so who snitched on me then?

Comment

Yeah, of course you can report videos on GameTrailers. You go under the video and click "Report". Or if you mean here, you click on "Report" under your avatar under the left hand side. 99% of forums have that facility.

Comment

This is the first one I joined, Hence the ban after my first week. I dont know all the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by P Anderson DIE View Post
          Wait a minute so you can report each other? Ok so who snitched on me then?
          Well, you CAN report people. But it's not like Dot50Cal just sits there, waiting for people to report someone. He does look through the forums. Maybe he just happened to notice your post.

Comment

Yeah probs dun matter now anyway just thinking if someone did then .... WHY?! Think I have an idea who it might have been if it was anyone.

Comment

I don't think you would get banned for admitting to owning illegal content. But if you link to it, that's bound to get your account and private IP banned.

Comment

I don't think you would get banned for admitting to owning illegal content.
                yes you would ...
                If you admit to pirating this, or show some indication that you did, you are gone.

Comment

So does that only apply to Resident Evil media? Or to anything?

Comment

Anything. We do distinguish between beta and retail games, though.

I don't know why this is hard for anyone to realize. Its quite obvious and sorta common sense that you don't go pirating stuff on most message boards without earning a ban.

Comment

• I don't know why this is hard for anyone to realize. Its quite obvious and sorta common sense that you don't go pirating stuff on most message boards without earning a ban.
                      Exactly. That's an issue I'm trying to deal with on reH at the minute, people posting loads of RE Degen links then saying because it's streaming they don't think it's piracy, and that it's not in the rules that you shouldn't post pirate copies. It is in the rules of law. Lol..

Comment

• Yeah, but I'm not talking about posting pirated links.
                        I mean, if someone were to say, "I just watched the Dark Knight from a download." Is that gonna get their ass banned?

Comment

• I wouldn't have thought so. I guess it's how you word it. Maybe if you said "I've pirated this DVD", then yeah, but I guess he got a ban because people had been posting links to it and people kept saying they were pirating it and watching it, so if they didn't give out punishment for it it may have seemed like they were okay with it. Pirating, from what I know though, is a no go on most forums. If you wanna do it, cool, but try to keep it on the down low and don't broadcast it.

Comment

• Yeah, I know you're usually not allowed to request or post links.

So what if someone was to say, "I murdered a man. But got acquitted on a technicality."

Comment

• You will receive a 1 month ban for "Directly admitting to piracy" (right out of the warning list). If someone meant they watched a movie after they streamed it from Netflix, they would say that. If we truly believe that youve pirated something, you will be banned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borman View Post
                                You will receive a 1 month ban for "Directly admitting to piracy" (right out of the warning list). If someone meant they watched a movie after they streamed it from Netflix, they would say that. If we truly believe that youve pirated something, you will be banned.
                                Alright, I wasn't sure, because of the way DotCal worded it, "If you admit to pirating this, or show some indication that you did, you are gone."
                                Kinda made it sound like, "If you admit to pirating this... But if you admit to pirating something else, that's non RE, then it's okay."

Comment

Working...
                                X