No announcement yet.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished it. Not as good as the first two but still a great game. Shooting is still the weakest point of the series plus aiming felt really off.

Originally posted by Stu View Post

What the fuck was that desert section all about?! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
      And it was done absolutely great.
      10 minutes of walking through a desert was "absolutely great"? I can't imagine how low your expectations of this game must have been.

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
      It feel more realistic.
      When you're shot a firearm, then you can make that kind of statement. Until then....no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
        10 minutes of walking through a desert was "absolutely great"? I can't imagine how low your expectations of this game must have been.
        Uncharted is my favourite series of all time so my expectations were pretty high, trust me. Right now I can't wait to play Golden Abyss.
        Spoiler:

Comment

• Firstly, spoilers for people who haven't played.

Secondly, I've shot a few firearms, and it is more realistic. Granted, UC isn't about realism and I'm not defending the choice ND made, but shooting is much more methodical and aiming-based, and a lot less about rapid fire like in UC2. Again though, not defending the choice they made, as in MP it's actually the same as UC2. I adjusted to the aiming just fine, and it is more realistic, but this game isn't exactly filled with the most realistic stuff to begin with.

Having said that, I think the game was great.

Comment

• Damn i need to play this =(

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
              shooting is much more methodical and aiming-based
              As opposed to what?!

I'm lining my shots up PERFECTLY. We're talking head fully inside the reticle, and hits still not registering.

Comment

• Something else I failed to mention is how enemies seem to have no damage/pain animation, you shoot them and they just absorb it, if it wasn't for seeing blood you would never know if you ht them based on the non existant reactions. Try it, shoot a guy in the leg and watch him not give a shit until you do it enough times he dies.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Find it hard to believe with a game like this the only thing being mentioned is the negatives. As far as you guys who dont like it dont you have anything better to do than slag it off? You dont like it....fine.....we get it. You know whats more' boring than wandering around a desert for 10 minutes? Listening to someone moan about it.

Comment

• I wasn't aware that a) you had to read it and b) there was a rule that said no one could criticise a game they didn't enjoy?

Man up.

Comment

• I thought you would say something like that, No wonder we are such good mates I can read you like a book.

Comment

• Do you have anything on-topic to say, or are you going to keep up the fishing trip?

Aaaaanyway...

Played on a bit longer this evening - and KylieDog's right, and it's kinda ruined some of the immersion for me now haha! It was never like that in Uncharted 2 was it? One of the biggest things i'm taking from my experience with Uncharted 3 is that i just want to play the second one again just to wash the bad taste of this one away.

I think ND will patch the aiming, giving people the choice between both old and new - would make sense i think. Though i'm not sure it'd be enough to save the game for me since it would do nothing for the environments, repetitive set pieces or the other stuff i don't like.

Massive credit to the voice actors though, Drake's delivery is bang on once again. I loved reading the other day how North would watch someone playing the game and throw in his own ad-libs as they went along. It works so well.

also - re: Control issues. Good thread on Neogaf here where one of the developers is even appealing to get people to their studios tomorrow to address the problem - fair play to them!

Also, another problem i'm reminded of in that thread - the enemy AI always rushing you! To even call it AI is a stretch.
                        Last edited by Stu; 11-03-2011, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Without getting too gushy, I don't think I could begin to be any happier with this game than I am! It's been a long time since a game has left me with such a great feeling of satisfaction... and I'm definitely not easy to please.

Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                            Something else I failed to mention is how enemies seem to have no damage/pain animation, you shoot them and they just absorb it, if it wasn't for seeing blood you would never know if you ht them based on the non existant reactions.
                            I don't remember U2 having these animations either.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I can't get on the MP here in NZ (and other NZ'ers are reporting same/similar issues). For me and a couple of others it just locks up as soon as the MP menu appears. The few people who've I've been told got on can't find anyone else to play with. Sucks arse. I'll probably be waiting a little while before that gets fixed in any case.

Comment

• Apparently the developers are getting some fans who posted about the aiming issues on NeoGAF to go to their offices and discuss the issues with them.

Glad I'm still holding out on this game. If the gunplay is as bad as what I've read, then it looks like the frustrating controls will make it a challenging game for a reason that was never intended.
                                They've been getting a lot of props and respect for this move, but after how ND handled the UC2 multiplayer patches - I wouldn't be surprised if this is all just a good will gesture, and at the end of the visit they will say they found nothing wrong and that's how the game was intended to be (unless it's a very simple and obvious and patchable fix). I'm very skeptical of them, and won't get the game until this is all resolved either way.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X