No announcement yet.

metal gear solid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say M.G 1 was the best, nothing could beat that. I'm not too sure abou the way M.G 4 is going down. Snake being old, i've gotten over but raiden.....WTF. I would love to see a Grey Fox somehow come back and kill Liquid, well his arm i mean, just slice it off and yeah run off. Music from M.G 2 would do it for me. Hell why not chuck in the Nemesis to fight Snake, wouldn't do any harm, Snake is going off to fight Zelda and co in Super Smash Bros after all, so let him fight Nemesis.
    nemesis_lover

Comment

Metal gear solid Games.

i hope its oki i make a topic like this

but i kinda just want to know whos metal gear solid fans to and what you think about the metal gear world and everything about it characters, best game all of it so i hope its oki i make this.

Comment

The series is dead to me now.

The perpetrators? A combination of Kojima's increasingly pretentious attitude, the legions of Big Boss fanboys and MGS4.
        Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 02-18-2009, 08:14 AM.
        See you in hell.

Comment

hmmm i guess metal gear solid 4 with nanomachins and that was a bit rushed and they kinda used that as a excuse to everything but els mgs 4 isent that bad and i dident mind big boss back one last time to be gone for good i liked that alot actully like farther and son together one last time.

Comment

MGS4 killed the series for me.
            sigpic

Comment

im kinda sad to hear that becuse in my eyes metal gear solid 4 is really kick ass game so im sorry to hear that it actully killed the whole serie for u :/

Comment

MGS- My favourite game series of all time... MGS4 was in my opinion great game (My favs are MG2 and MGS1 though). Yes, ending was little over the top, but still awesome.

Comment

True mgs 1 and 2 are just classic now but i have to say metal gear solid 3 with big boss is really nice to i love the story and of couse mgs 4 is just bad ass

Comment

Snake Eater killed it for me. Metal Gear Online PS2 was bringing it back for me, but then they somehow made it unfun for Metal Gear Online PS3. How I wept.

Comment

I really don't get the bitching about MGS4 personally because it would have been a shitter of a project to HAVE to do. Kojima didn't entirely make MGS4 because he wanted to... he did it because he never would have heard the end of it if he didn't, period. Every interview would have been like "So whens the next Metal Gear coming?" "Whats happening with Solid Snake" ya, ya, ya from jornos and fans alike. He was stuck and he knew it.

Additionally if the game didn't explain everything people would have complained. So they explained everything and people complained. People were going to be split over it regardless. But I don't get the whining about him doing exactly what a) we expect of him after all these years and b) what most people expected of the game to have to do.

Ironically now MGS4 has finished he's getting the same thing about Zone of the Enders and Snatcher. I'm sure he'd rather work on something new again... but thats never going to happen.

random - can you explain Snake Eater's problems to me. MGS4 I'm used to, but most people I know would rather play Snake Eater than MGS2.
                      Last edited by Rombie; 02-18-2009, 08:49 AM.

Comment

oki so to change it a bit whos your favorite metal gear solid character and why ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                          random - can you explain Snake Eater's problems to me. MGS4 I'm used to, but most people I know would rather play Snake Eater than MGS2.
                          I didn't like the story for one thing, it felt like something ripped from a Saturday morning cartoon from the late 80's or something, like G.I. Joe or something. I mean, Big Boss' epic love triangle with the enemy and his mother figure, in the middle of the nuclear missile firing robot, Mr. Electric and his gay lover who just happens to be the hated character from the previous title, Bee Man and the rest of the useless squad and The Boss' pulling some literally impossible moves on Big Boss, leaving him looking around himself like a confused infant.

I mean, I really liked MGS2, it's my favourite in the series and probably one of my favourite games of all time, but Snake Eater just went in a direction I didn't care for. It introduced the camo, food and healing systems which were, in my opinion, both annoying and for the most part useless, as well as the fact that they go a long way to destroy the pace of the game, because you jump into a patch of grass, then have to go through several menus taking you away from the action.

There was a lot of other problems with Snake Eater, but I really don’t think I should rant anymore (as I’m in work and should probably do some work ), but yeah, I really did have a lot of problems with the game.

Comment

me i actully loved snake eater ( the first metal gear solid game i got) XD
                            but in the story thats what happend first so thats oki
                            i just liked big boss the cobras the boss it was all good a young ocelot was just kick ass i actully like him more as young to tel the truth hehe
                            Last edited by rehunk88; 02-18-2009, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Rombie, Kojima needs to leave Snatcher alone and do nothing with it. In fact, just port it to the DS and that'll be fine. No sequels, no prequels, no fleshing out or anything. Regardless of the open-ended conclusion. I'm actually waiting on the English translation patch for Policenauts, which if I'm not mistaken is more or less complete. I think they finished putting together a beta.

Oh, and the first Metal Gear Solid is probably my favourite. If we're not including the original MetalGear titles on the MSX/MSX2. They were decent enough, but as Random said, Kojima grew bloated with his own ego after the overwhelming critical acclaim of MGS2. Then MGS3 started the horde of Big Boss fanboys, who despite the fact that he raised child soldiers, controlled WMDs and threatened the world with nuclear holocaust, was actually a really nice guy!
                              Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 02-18-2009, 10:39 AM.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

big boss i liked it first he started out as good then he turns bad back then and in the end he was actully the good guy i like it

Comment

Working...
                                X