Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
    Because it's the truth. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH
    lol, its just ur opinion and im ok with that lol .
    my fav mgs is definitely mgs1 on the ps, everytime i play it now i get this feeling, i cant think of the word rite now

Comment

• anyone played the remake of mgs 1 well i dident but what do u guys think about it ?

Comment

• If you ask me, the MGS series is now being more targeted to a younger demographic than before. Just my take on it, so don't get offended. As for the remake, I didn't like it.

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
        28 Years...oh, sorry. Eight years...

It's really been that long? I look forward to seeing the beta, I'll have to commend Artemio and the rest of the translation team for their efforts. I think he's still on my MSN somewhere. Anyway, thank you for the update.
        I didn't realise who you were until now, John! Long time no see.

Anywho, well, according to Art it's been eight years, since he was doing it all by himself (before the rest came on board to help, like Marc with the translation, the first hacker to have a go, Alex (Snake Plissken) who helped out here and there, then Slowbeef who was the second guy to have a go at the hacking; successfully, and finally the guy they got from the SomethingAwful Forums re-editing the graphics of the game, so that the English text looks good and makes the translation feel more "official" than if it was just done on the quicky).

Those guys are really dedicated, but I suppose that goes without saying, really.
        Last edited by Henry Spencer; 02-18-2009, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
          Solidus killed Olga, he can forever burn in hell for that sin alone.
          Well, you got your wish. Kind of. That's all I'm going to say in case there's people here who have yet to play MGS4.
          See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
            anyone played the remake of mgs 1 well i dident but what do u guys think about it ?

i thought the remake of mgs1 sucked

i thought i was playing the matrix at times

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
              i thought the remake of mgs1 sucked

i thought i was playing the matrix at times
              There is nothing good about Twin Snakes. Original is better in every way except graphics of course... As you sad, major changes in cutscenes was the main cause (Hind-D vs Snake for example...)

And I didn't like some of voices... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK6FlSdzaUU nothing really bad, but if you compare it with original... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOcKP...eature=related

Comment

• ah so they change it that much in remake damn that kinda sucks well anyway we got the original right so

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                  There is no good or evil in MGS.
                  That's what I loved about MGS. It really opened my mind to the world. Is there such a thing as good and evil in a world run by politics? It's hard to say. Is there good and evil? I don't know...but there are ideologies, philosophies and standards.

As for MGS4, it had its faults, but the endings still made me cry like a goddamn baby. But I guess that's what happens when you invest yourself in a game series for a decade. MGS1 is still my favorite for its nostalgia, its story, its soundtrack, its voice-acting and its awesome stealth gameplay.

Comment

• For me best part of MGS4 is Act 4... When I got to Heliport with "The best is yet to come" playing, I almost cried lol And those flashbacks... Act 4 was for me one of the best videogame experience...

Comment

• I love MGS4 the whole story is just amazing and the heartbreaking momets are just so amazing and sad at the same time I never got so meany tears in my eyes like MGS4 but it's funny how the Metal Gear series has change in over 20 years but I think the series will go on but will Mr Kojima most likey he will he kept saying evey time he finish a Metal Gear solid game that whould be his last one as the Director and before who know he was on the next one I think in he just caint let it go he's afraid letting yonger pepole take over and he thinks they might end up ruining the whole series all togeather.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                        nostalgia

that was the word i was looking for.

Comment

• Oh yes, Act 4 was absolutely amazing. The nostalgia was unbearable.

The first time I played Act 4, I was hard of breathing. I don't know why. It was probably a combination of the awesome graphics, how close I was to beating the game, the emotions of the previous 10 years, and the nostalgia of it all rolled into one. It was an incredible experience, it really was.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            Oh yes, Act 4 was absolutely amazing. The nostalgia was unbearable.

The first time I played Act 4, I was hard of breathing. I don't know why. It was probably a combination of the awesome graphics, how close I was to beating the game, the emotions of the previous 10 years, and the nostalgia of it all rolled into one. It was an incredible experience, it really was.

oh yes it was.

my only complaint is that we couldnt go through the way we had to in mgs1
                            we completly skipped over the commanders room which was were my favorite boss fight happend
                            besides hal's lab.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                              oh yes it was.

my only complaint is that we couldnt go through the way we had to in mgs1
                              we completly skipped over the commanders room which was were my favorite boss fight happend
                              besides hal's lab.
                              C'mon Mr. Foxhound...the commander is waiting.

...yessss, this thread is now about memorable quotes from the series.

Comment

• I'll kill you or you'll kill me. It makes no difference.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X