No announcement yet.

The MERCENARIES Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep running, hitting up the times not letting combos break. I used Chris and got 41,000 and just missed another time bonus.

Or you could get a friend and just score over 80,000, which still unlocks characters.
    Last edited by Richard Aiken; 03-19-2009, 07:00 PM.

Comment

So is the difficulty of this one more or less like the difficulty of the RE4 mercs? I was always terrible at it. I unlocked the handcannon only a few weeks ago, I suppose I got better with age (even though I hadn't played RE4 since its release). The variety of enemies in this new one sounds exciting (lickers, reapers etc).

I'm almost done with the RE5 main game (6-1). It's a mixed bag I'd say so far, but the most effective elements shine. I'm highly disappointed that it wasn't frightening. Blips of chapters have tense/intense moments, but (this is on veteran) I usually get an RE4 sense of "awww goddammit it's these fuckers again" instead. I think RE5's definitely an entity distinct from RE4, but surprisingly (considering it's shorter) certain portions carry some of RE4's redundancy. I'll probably be more specific one I finish it.

Comment

Was playing with my buddy today, my second time playing Mercs. As always, I was Sheva. We were in the Ancient Ruins and weren't watching our time. With 20 seconds left, he (Safari Chris) ran off to kill some people and I ran around looking for time. With three seconds, I turned a corner and saw one. I hit it at 0:00:01. We went on from there to get an A.

It was so intense! XD

Also, I've only used normal Sheva. So far she and Midnight Wesker do well, along with her and Safari Chris.

I wonder how Team Erotic is. Someone, go play as Tribal Sheva and Midnight Wesker (with his black leather outfit )
        Last edited by Canas Renvall; 03-19-2009, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
          I wonder how Team Erotic is. Someone, go play as Tribal Sheva and Midnight Wesker (with his black leather outfit )
          Rosetta Mist and I just finished a round with those characters.
          See you in hell.

Comment

And? Do tell, kind sir!

Comment

What are the scores needed for 'S' and 'SS'?

I havn't been playing the Mercs much yet (I'll have more time next week). The best I've done so far playing by myself was about 70,000...

Comment

No. Just no. Stop it. There's nothing erotic about that team aside from Sheva's pronounced shoulder blades and her ass just jiggling in the breeze, hanging out of that skirt, not to mention those wonderful C-cup jubblies.

Leave the naming of teams up to Rosetta and I. 'hanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                  No. Just no. Stop it. There's nothing erotic about that team aside from Sheva's pronounced shoulder blades and her ass just jiggling in the breeze, hanging out of that skirt, not to mention those wonderful C-cup jubblies.

Leave the naming of teams up to Rosetta and I. 'hanks.
                  Ahem, Wesker's tight body just bulges out of that leather. You know it's erotic. You know it's good. You know you want it.

Either that or Tribal Sheva and Battleslut Jill. But that's already Team Tits. XD

Comment

Originally posted by Darinl1979 View Post
                    Is there some strategy I should be sticking to in order to get an A ranking on PA? Even at my best I can only get 5k short of 40k points and thats if I get lucky. I havent tried Sheva yet, I just hate her left sided point of view..maybe its easier with her?
                    i wish i could tell you but for all except one i used jill to beat them, just get all the time first, find a good spot to kill enemies, combo boxes are great, grenades are very useful. hopefully that helped u somewhat

Comment

Ahem, Wesker's tight body just bulges out of that leather. You know it's erotic. You know it's good. You know you want it.

Either that or Tribal Sheva and Battleslut Jill. But that's already Team Tits. XD
                      Um...how in the world are Sheva and Wesker erotic together? They have nothing erotic about how they get along. Perhaps you fail to understand how we name the teams....its not on their looks alone but how they act together. We started the whole Battleslut Jill, why cant other people think of something original instead of making up names for teams like we started?

If anything, Team Erotic would be Wesker Midnight and Battleslut Jill.
                      Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                      What are the scores needed for 'S' and 'SS'?

I havn't been playing the Mercs much yet (I'll have more time next week). The best I've done so far playing by myself was about 70,000...
                      On solo, S score needs to be 60000+ and SS is 90000+. On Duo its more or less just doubled except for SS which is 150000
                      sigpic
                      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                        On solo, S score needs to be 60000+ and SS is 90000+. On Duo its more or less just doubled except for SS which is 150000
                        That's what I figured...which pisses me off when I get 59,850 and the timer runs out. That's happened a few too many times.

Comment

I hate that so much too. Or when I get close to scoring an A to unlock a character and one of us goofs and winds up dying. >(

Comment

Originally posted by Daargoth View Post
                            talk about hacks. they better put it up on youtube asap then to back it up.

Dammit, it looks like you may be right. Me and nemesis, after hours upon hours of effort pumped into Public Assembly, we managed to get our score up to 296,000 something, but the real kicker here is that tonight, we finally managed a 149 plus combo---and yet we acheived the same damn 296,000 score. The hell? the first 296 score came from like a 60ish combo broken, then maybe 2 or 3 after in the latter 20's early 30's. The only thing I noticed is that we had more time because we meleed like shit(Battlesuit Jill is so superb at this little function) for the first 296 run, but that's really retarded since we got a freakin 149 combo, all combo timers with executioner kills accounted for, and yet, end up with the same score. That pretty much was the biggest disappointment of the night. Kinda proves that there can't be any friggin way the top guys on the leader boards have scores in the 700,000 range after all, without hacking, or some cheating device I guess.

Unless there is some super secrect technique not yet widley known to be exploited. . .
                            sigpic

Comment

CR29 and I cleared a level completely...the round ending at 1:30:somthing after we killed all the majini in the area. I sersiouly don't know how its possible to string together some of those insane combos. Majini will disappear, causing us to go on a mission to seek them out. We literally covered Public Assembly top to bottom one night and couldn't get the final 24 enemies to show up. I really would like to see a video of someone getting those 600000+ scores.
                              sigpic
                              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

How in the hell are people getting 149 combos? The Majini ALWAYS disappear on Rosey and I. At a certain point, they just stop coming, and we're forced to seek them out. It pisses me off so much. We'll have a great score, some really nice combos, and then they'll just stop coming altogether. And like she said, last night, we had 1:30+ left and we killed the 150th Majini, and the game stopped.

Now I'm all upset.

Comment

Working...
                                X