Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1.5 WIP Spoiler Thread (Post your screenshots, findings, observations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaccoonSurvivor
    replied
    ^ I'm sorry but they can't possibly be the same room. Obviously one is 2F and the other (which is directly above, and therefore shares the room layout shape) is the 3F.

Lighting is totally different in both.
    Light fittings are different also.
    One image has some kinda vending machine on the right, the other has space and a window.
    Slightly different camera angle.

Leave a comment:

• Enigmatism415
    replied
    Alright fellas, I'm calling on all of you aspiring forensic analysts to help me out with some background matching... :-)

Disregarding the top image (first), I'm trying to build a case contending that the middle (second) and lower (third) images are from the same room. The most useful evidence, as they depict different camera angles, would likely come in the form of light patterns.

Arguments in favour:
    - The geometry is the same.
    - The wall, floor, and ceiling textures seen in both images appear to be identical.
    - The third circular spotlight, which exceeds the visible range in third image, can be seen in the second image in the upper left-hand corner.
    - The window frame common to both images (middle window, west wall) seems to share a similar pattern of light shining on the lower left-hand corner of the frame.
    - This room has five windows in total (two to the south and three to the west).
    - Two of the three windows on the west wall (the two southernmost ones) appear to have been broken by crows in both the second and third images (indeed, both images also depict crows as well). This makes sense because the remaining three intact windows display a common bright white border around the frames in both the second and third images. The camera angle shown in the third image seems to be tailored to the "crow attack" sequence. Indeed, Leon is seen being attacked from behind by a crow in this angle, having just run past the windows through which the crows rudely entered (the cameraman likely snapped the photo within seconds after this sequence had been triggered). Also notice that there is one crow per window; the one attacking Leon had just broken in from the window seen closest to him, while the second crow (coming from the window farther from him) is taking a little more time to catch up. As for Elza's situation, she is running towards the elevator having just killed a crow; this implies that she had triggered the sequence upon a previous visit, failed to take care of business initially, and is now returning to clean up the mess that she had left.

Arguments opposed:
    - The big spot of light projected onto the wall to Elza's left in the second image does not seem to share the curvature, position, or luminosity of the spot of light projected onto the analogous wall to Leon's left in the third image.

I hope you guys can share some insight... every pixel counts!

Last edited by Enigmatism415; 07-16-2013, 05:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gemini
    replied
    Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    Seeing as how IGAS seem to have (had?) a lot of easter eggs planned, it wouldn't surprise me if they had intended for the licker to appear in this angle as a cameo. The only ceiling lights that are broken in the east hallway are the ones in front of this window.
    As long as they don't come up with ridiculous stories about characters and places that don't make any sense just so that poor YouTube fandom can be created, all the easter eggs in the world are definitively welcome.

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
    How'd Leon appear in that shot anyway, there isn't a way to activate this ingame is there? Or was it posted by the Team?
    Different bg color gamma and masks suggest it's something not released. The picture was posted on D.Birkin's YouTube profile a few weeks back.
    Last edited by Gemini; 07-16-2013, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• biohazard_star
    replied
    Seeing as how IGAS seem to have (had?) a lot of easter eggs planned, it wouldn't surprise me if they had intended for the licker to appear in this angle as a cameo. The only ceiling lights that are broken in the east hallway are the ones in front of this window.

Leave a comment:

• RaccoonSurvivor
    replied
    ^ Oooh nice - though this is the 1F east hall off the main lobby so I doubt the crows would go that far down from the helipad (4F roof)
    I maybe wrong obviously, but I think it's purely for creepiness - ala RE2 final..
    How'd Leon appear in that shot anyway, there isn't a way to activate this ingame is there? Or was it posted by the Team?

Leave a comment:

• Renard
    replied
    Yup, that's the one! I edited my previous post.

Leave a comment:

• Gemini
    replied
    This, mayhaps?

Leave a comment:

• Renard
    replied
    Interesting!

If I'm not mistaken, I saw an 1.5 background image somewhere around the forum with the camera viewing the player from outside a window, similar to the Licker Hallway's camera angle in the retail RE2. My guess is that when you enter this hall area playing as Elza (or maybe Leon as well) the outside-the-window camera angle is activated, and as you travel down the hall, the crows break through the windows.

EDIT: I found the image, it was in this very thread, I just had to scroll through a lot of bullshit. It was originally posted by Enigmatism415.

And here's the retail RE2's Licker Hallway camera angle for comparison.

Last edited by Renard; 07-16-2013, 04:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    Good catch!

My opinion is that the crows don't break in through the 2F and 3F Stairwell Hall windows unless you go up on the Helipad and stir them up. Once you do (in either Elza's or Leon's game), then they follow you back down - breaking through every hallway window they can find on both 2F and 3F to get at you. It's a rather nasty punishment for going up to the roof too early in the RPD stage of the game.
    Last edited by RMandel; 07-16-2013, 03:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Enigmatism415
    replied
    OK everyone, take a look at my signature and zoom in (it's the best quality available to the community). There's a dead crow in a pool of blood against the west wall. It seems that crows are on 2F for Elza, and possibly for Leon as well if the Bioflames image is really from 2F.

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    Originally posted by geluda View Post

Do you know what it is? I've always been under the impression that this image was fake. People have explained various reasons in the past and I've pretty much written off this image as nonsense. But getting a chance to look at this image again over the weekend made me realize one important thing, what's the chance that someone creating a fake image actually got the location of the Lobby right? 103 LOBBY, what are the chances of that? Were there any public references available at the time this image was created? The goromacida video perhaps?

Just realized I double posted, sorry about that.
    I'll double post myself to respond. It's a p-shop - but a good one - of what the debug menu in the "final" 80% build might have looked like. You can see the fourth option (XA PLAY TEST) in some of the old Bioflames images. This option isn't present in the 40%/MZD build because the in-game cutscene dialogue sound files had not yet been added.

Leave a comment:

• Enigmatism415
    replied
    Originally posted by RMandel View Post
    That "cylinder-shaped object" in the middle of the picture is what's left of a window. It's washed out because of both the lighting effect and the glare from the video monitor on which the game is being show, but it follows the pattern of the windows on that side of the building. Good catch on the two vending machines, though ... and all this time, I thought the whole thing was a washed-out bookcase.
    Indeed, it is a window with heavy glare. In both the 2F and 3F lift halls, there are three windows on the western wall and two windows on the southern wall. D.Birkin addressed the crow attacks in these rooms here:

Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
    Stories about crows change a lot. Sometimes they are on 3F and other times they are on 2F. It is a save room. We have a computer for that reason.
    This statement may be reasonably interpreted in one of several ways (and hopefully D.Birkin will clarify):
    - Sometimes the crows break through the 3F Lift Hall windows (Leon), and at other times they break through those of the 2F Lift Hall (Elza).
    - The crows only break through the 2F Lift Hall windows, and the Bioflames image actually depicted the 2F Lift Hall all along. IGAS thus designated the 3F Lift Hall as a save room.
    - The crows only break through the 3F Lift Hall windows (since it's closer to the crow-infested Helipad), and "sometimes" people confuse two "stories".

In any case, we know that IGAS considers the demo-station photograph to be representative of the 2F Lift Hall, because they placed a bench where the vending machines would have been situated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	team_3FLiftHall1.png
Views:	2
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	403087Click image for larger version

Name:	team_3FLiftHall2.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	403088Click image for larger version

Name:	team_3FLiftHall3.png
Views:	3
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	403089

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    Back to the 1997 TGS image of the 2F Stairwell Hall ... Enig did his detective work on this after I helped DXP with his recreated backgrounds (and yes, we got the lights wrong - Enig didn't), but I think there's something I can add to this. That "cylinder-shaped object" in the middle of the picture is what's left of a window. It's washed out because of both the lighting effect and the glare from the video monitor on which the game is being show, but it follows the pattern of the windows on that side of the building. Good catch on the two vending machines, though ... and all this time, I thought the whole thing was a washed-out bookcase.
    Last edited by RMandel; 06-11-2013, 01:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    Here you go, I cleaned it up for you:

Nice maps, thanks!

Ignore me, I see it now, 10C.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2013, 05:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Enigmatism415
    replied
    Originally posted by geluda View Post
    I think someone might have posted one a while ago, the one in the build is all scrambled. Let me check and see if I saved one.

Edit: No, don't think I did.
    Here you go, I cleaned it up for you:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X