Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1.5 WIP Spoiler Thread (Post your screenshots, findings, observations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaia Revane
    replied
    Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
    I really like how the sewers sound like one giant puzzle
    Probably a conscious design decision to return to the slower paced style of RE1 for a section of the game. The 1.5 RPD doesn't have near as many actual puzzles as retail's RPD or even RE1's mansion (aside from the shooting range puzzle and possible Irons' office diorama, most of the "puzzles" seem to be item based), and likewise, the labs and factory seem to be in the same style, so the sewers are probably intended to break up the fast paced tone of 1.5's other areas for a bit and throw in some proper RE1 style puzzles.

Leave a comment:

• Enigmatism415
    replied
    Originally posted by RMandel View Post
    I'm only messing with those rooms because I'm trying to figure out a way of reincorporating them for my video series (and damn the map issues) so I can have something to cover for the rather blatant absence of what Enig calls the North Canal - which may be into what Keiji's Corridor eventually evolved (or got simplified into).
    The North Canal could very well have been a relic of an older design for all we know; after all, the "baby gator" room changed between the PSM build and the final build as well. As for the green areas, I strongly believe that they've never had any connections with the final sewer design; every piece of evidence seems to point to a complete ground-up redesign of the Sewer chapter. I think that it would be less confusing for everyone involved if we just referred to the old design as such.

Originally posted by RMandel View Post
    Which means my Baby Gator Room will have a three-box bridge puzzle, like the first Sherry side quest in RE2, instead of one large crate as in the final RE15 80% build.
    No version of this room made use of "one large crate" as a bridge. All known versions used three boxes, as in the analogous Sewage Disposal puzzle for Ada and Sherry from RE2. Have another look:

The crate visible is of a normal size (approx. 1.0x1.0m). The actual map and measuring tools confirm this. What actually changed was the location of the square alcove, and the addition of a narrow corridor (possibly containing the third crate near its terminus to add difficulty to the puzzle).

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    There's actually a 3d/real-time metal floor board bridging the two ledges in the Leon zombie corridor. There are "railings" (dunno what you call them) on both sides of it, so it's likely you can move it up and down. It's probably either part of a puzzle or the sewer's equivalent of the RPD security shutters. Wouldn't surprise me if you could crush a zombie with it. Also, the square area in the middle of the pool in the central hub suggests that there's supposed to be a box puzzle there, and that the ladder leading to the sewer control room will initially be inaccessible due to the flooding. You would likely have to drain the water first by powering up the machine in the pump room.
    I'm thinking along the same lines about the Central Hub and Pump Room, too. Plus, after sleeping on it, I've realized what's going on with those two different Tool Rooms (Keiji's Corridor, Spider Tunnel). They're BOTH mapped above the actual "room" above and slightly offset from the doors that you use to get to them, and then hidden with a large wall mask. They don't connect via the Tool Rooms because each Tool Room is different and distinct. I'm only messing with those rooms because I'm trying to figure out a way of reincorporating them for my video series (and damn the map issues) so I can have something to cover for the rather blatant absence of what Enig calls the North Canal - which may be into what Keiji's Corridor eventually evolved (or got simplified into). Which means my Baby Gator Room will have a three-box bridge puzzle, like the first Sherry side quest in RE2, instead of one large crate as in the final RE15 80% build. I'm still beating my head over the two different versions of the Spider Tunnel, though. What's the point of going in there (in either version) if you can't get up to that other ledge - and if so, to where are those doors supposed to go? Yaaaaagggghhhh! (tears at hair) I'll figure something out, eventually.

One final observation and one speculation, which also came to me after sleeping on it. Like the Central Hub, a form of Keiji's Corridor eventually wound up in RE2. It's the place where you first enter the Sewers after coming through the manhole in the Kennels - where the cockroach tunnel is located. Even the card reader ("coin slot machine") is present, albeit in a different part of the corridor. Not quite the same map, true, but the same general concept behind it. That makes me wonder all the more what part this unique little room played in the evolution of RE15. And ... what if the box puzzle room in Sherry's side quest in RE2 was derived from or inspired by RE15's Baby Gator Room?
    Last edited by RMandel; 03-23-2013, 04:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deathlygasm
    replied
    Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    There's actually a 3d/real-time metal floor board bridging the two ledges in the Leon zombie corridor. There are "railings" (dunno what you call them) on both sides of it, so it's likely you can move it up and down. It's probably either part of a puzzle or the sewer's equivalent of the RPD security shutters. Wouldn't surprise me if you could crush a zombie with it. Also, the square area in the middle of the pool in the central hub suggests that there's supposed to be a box puzzle there, and that the ladder leading to the sewer control room will initially be inaccessible due to the flooding. You would likely have to drain the water first by powering up the machine in the pump room.
    I really like how the sewers sound like one giant puzzle

Leave a comment:

• biohazard_star
    replied
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 03-22-2013, 08:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with the RE15 Sewers. Enig's map is a big help, but I need more. Made some notes on each room in the Magic Door build and I'd like to share them with you - get your opinions and so on. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Mikhail
    replied
    Is Corridor 3F supposed to flood with water before or after the picture puzzle?
    I was listening to the .psf rips and MAIN02.BGM sectors 8666-8774
    plays but without the last 4 samples which are the rushing water sounds.

From released 1.5 demo.Ripped by me. Request by Dillinger a.k.a. MadCharacter
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Zombie_X
    replied
    Either use the cheater program, or fire up a PS1 and use either a Gold Finger, Pro Action Replay, Gameshark, or Xploder device. The serial ports versios of some of these are the best, but they don't offer many codes as the storage is limited.

Leave a comment:

• ParasiteAdam
    replied
    Thanks star!

Leave a comment:

• biohazard_star
    replied
    Download "PSX Emulation Cheater" and use it like how you would a regular gameshark/action replay.

Leave a comment:

• ParasiteAdam
    replied
    *nods* Yeah I get ya. Hey I've noticed people posting codes to fiddle with the costumes. How do I use those?

Leave a comment:

• Darkmoon
    replied
    Issues is one way of putting it...but let's drop it, and him. Honestly, I shouldn't be winding him up either - but I get irked when people start making threats. So I'm going to try and control my vindictive side a little better too.

Leave a comment:

• ParasiteAdam
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    Deleted Crow's stuff and the replies - because it's Crow, and no one cares.
    Thank you. That guy has issues doesn't he?

Leave a comment:

• Darkmoon
    replied
    Deleted Crow's stuff and the replies - because it's Crow, and no one cares.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Hunter 2
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    I don't know why but your account has been switched to Awaiting Verification. I can't fix it, though. I'll bug Carn when I see him.
    I thought it would be something like that. Actually I wanted to update my email address, and realized it was already the one I wanted to use, so I just left the page. And on the morrow I realized my account was locked. Strange bug.
    Last edited by Rick Hunter 2; 03-15-2013, 08:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X