Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1.5 WIP Spoiler Thread (Post your screenshots, findings, observations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gemini
    replied
    Weird, you have only recorded two PC videos ever since the 1.5 leak but you always "bother" your friend for multiple footages of the real 1.5? Sounds totally legit.
    Last edited by Gemini; 02-28-2013, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Biohazard
    replied
    Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    Why not using his machine for the RE2 PC footages as well?
    Because is not necessary and I do not want to bother much, as my PC records pretty well PC games (although is not the best), just ask to borrow my friend's PC to record PSX games.

Leave a comment:

• Gemini
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
    To create the videos of my RE1.5 hacks, I use the PC of a friend who is much more powerful than mine.
    Why not using his machine for the RE2 PC footages as well?

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
    Regarding the helicopter, this is just conjecture on my part, but retail 2 does have a 3D model of a helicopter. Why is this relevant? It never appears in the main game. Ever. It only appears a the very end of Hunk and Tofu's 4th survivor scenario. I find that kind of strange. Why would Capcom build any entire (and it looks rather detailed) 3D model of a helicopter, if it wasn't intended for the main game, and only appears in an extra mode after the game is finished? Like I said, this is just conjecture, but I think it's possible the helicopter was completed at the late end of 1.5, and intended for the opening cinematic with Leon on the roof of the RPD. They later decided to reuse it in the extra game because, well, they had it kicking around, why not?
    Police do not use Black Hawks, nor are they ever used as rescue helicopters. Safe to say there's no relation.

Why did they make HUNK's model? Or completely re-do every other model in the game? 3D modelling is not necessarily some sort of seriously difficult undertaking when you actually have the talent and experience.

Leave a comment:

• doriantoki
    replied
    Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
    I still don't think Leon's so called "opening" words have anything to do with a helicopter, i really firmly believe it had to do with Elza crashing into the RPD lobby. There's no proof of a helicopter anywhere in 1.5 that i recall (correct me if i'm wrong though). One thing i did notice in this FMV, look at the weapon that cop is using, it's the exact same machine gun that's in 1.5 - I don't think it's that far of a stretch to assume some stuff was re-used in original release RE2 FMV's from 1.5 FMV's. Even if that scene was from 1.5.... Look at the setting, it's clearly not the 1.5 police station and chief irons wouldn't be wearing a normal police suit.
    Regarding the helicopter, this is just conjecture on my part, but retail 2 does have a 3D model of a helicopter. Why is this relevant? It never appears in the main game. Ever. It only appears a the very end of Hunk and Tofu's 4th survivor scenario. I find that kind of strange. Why would Capcom build any entire (and it looks rather detailed) 3D model of a helicopter, if it wasn't intended for the main game, and only appears in an extra mode after the game is finished? Like I said, this is just conjecture, but I think it's possible the helicopter was completed at the late end of 1.5, and intended for the opening cinematic with Leon on the roof of the RPD. They later decided to reuse it in the extra game because, well, they had it kicking around, why not?

Leave a comment:

• Dark Biohazard
    replied
    I just want to clarify, I have no a special emulator.

To create the videos of my RE1.5 hacks, I use the PC of a friend who is much more powerful than mine.

Leave a comment:

• SonicBlue
    replied
    I still don't think Leon's so called "opening" words have anything to do with a helicopter, i really firmly believe it had to do with Elza crashing into the RPD lobby. There's no proof of a helicopter anywhere in 1.5 that i recall (correct me if i'm wrong though). One thing i did notice in this FMV, look at the weapon that cop is using, it's the exact same machine gun that's in 1.5 - I don't think it's that far of a stretch to assume some stuff was re-used in original release RE2 FMV's from 1.5 FMV's. Even if that scene was from 1.5.... Look at the setting, it's clearly not the 1.5 police station and chief irons wouldn't be wearing a normal police suit.

It's the Hunk MP5
    Last edited by SonicBlue; 02-28-2013, 06:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by StuntmanSnake View Post

Anyone feel like this scene may have been orginally a 1.5 FMV? The cop looks exactly like Irons but with different clothes and it would explain what a helicopter is doing above the R.P.D. in the first place. In the original scene it may have been Irons on the helipad trying to get help and it then ends up crashing which would explain Leon's "Now what am I going to do?" line.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2013, 06:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gemini
    replied
    It' honestly seems like he's upset because Marvin got access to something that Gem felt only certain people should have. He really has no proof that he even has it (saying "his videos have no lag now!" is no proof whats-so-ever), there are a ton of programs out there that record without lag you can find on the internet for free......
    His PC is too old to record with no lag, he even ammitted that himself several times, but coincidencially he's now completely silent. Guess having something to do with Colvin isn't exactly considered as a positive thing, especially after all the mess he's caused to the community. ;) As for the no-lag question, Carnivol's got the correct explanation: frame-by-frame rewind and frame impression to AVI. No matter how slow your hardware can be, the recorded footage will always play at full speed because the encoding takes place after you're done recording a segment, instead of software like Fraps which encode at the same time, causing CPU overheat in most cases.

Leave a comment:

• Marvin
    replied
    yeah most i am interested in this room where was large table and there was some monster. i think it was part of elza mission or was it leon. anyone have those Inflames pictures. I think i have lost mine.

Leave a comment:

• Darkside05
    replied
    Originally posted by Marvin View Post
    Well then I am not that Marvin.

Dark Biohazard, are you a Marvin (Not me but by first name)?

EDIT:

heres what one change of ascii can accomplish!

and: i am starting to get lost in the array of: 1.5 40%,1.5 WIP, 1.5 80%, 1.13,1.14 WIP...... , tasty, 4. , Scott,
    I honestly would love to see more on the latter build...2F and 3F is that much more interesting to see what went on

Leave a comment:

• Marvin
    replied
    Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Dark Biohazard's name is Marvin, or something.
    Well then I am not that Marvin.

Dark Biohazard, are you a Marvin (Not me but by first name)?

EDIT:
    Originally posted by Darkside05 View Post
    Martin.

heres what one change of ascii can accomplish!

and: i am starting to get lost in the array of: 1.5 40%,1.5 WIP, 1.5 80%, 1.13,1.14 WIP...... , tasty, 4. , Scott,
    Last edited by Marvin; 02-28-2013, 04:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Darkside05
    replied
    Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Martin.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Originally posted by Marvin View Post
    lol.

Marvin not ever talked with Colvin
    Marvin uses epsxe
    Marvin thinks 1.13 sux as it not allows plugins [for instance pec, my favorite cheating plugin]
    Marvin thinks 1.14 would probably suck too unless it has plugin support? has it?
    Marvin thinks that a bunch of here should read shit more carefully; i was not in the potlight of "1.14 WIP drama"
    Marvin thinks he is not Dark Biohazard; but would like to, his skills are impressive!

"hand me the keys" = "hand me the 1.14 wip emu"
    so I am being the guy in the center of this video?

Leave a comment:

• Carnivol
    replied
    Originally posted by Borman View Post
    Why would the emulator itself need a built in recorder? Why not use Fraps, or DXTory, or something with options? I could record just about anything with no lag if I wanted to.
    If I remember correctly, which I 96.8% of the time do; pSX' video recording feature basically works like the button press recordings other emulators does. Like SNES and NES. Basically a state-save followed by timed key-presses, which technically, as long as no timing hiccups occur, will always produce the same outcome when played back - and at any point of a playback, can you jump into the action and assume control. You can also do statesave rollbacks without it affecting the overall video (everything will look like one take). It's very light weight in terms of resources (basically just a time stamped key logger for the gamepad) and can later be used to render videos in whatever format you want a video of it made into.
    Most emulator based speed run videos are recorded like this, as it's a very fool proof way of avoiding external cheating (other than basic state save / tool assistance, of course) - the coolest use of this is without a doubt the guy who plays through multiple Megaman games with the same gamepad input.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X