Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1.5 WIP Spoiler Thread (Post your screenshots, findings, observations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMandel
    replied
    Spot on. Take a look at the comparisons I put up back in post #809. What you're seeing, Mikhail, is first the turn in L TUNNEL 2 (your first image), then a point halfway down (your second image, fourth column in my comparison), then the end where you start via a Debug Menu jump (your third image, fifth column in my set). Those masks roughly correspond to the older version of this room - from the "Leon Jacket" build, although they're for a narrower ledge than what you see in the Spider Tunnel.

In the original version of this room - the "Leon Jacket" version - there was only the one ledge in the one tunnel section. The other section had no ledge, per the surviving "Leon Jacket" data. There was probably a mask on the floor for the water puddles, though - and if so, it would have been oriented like that "lost" ledge mask in those L TUNNEL 2 images. In the second version - L TUNNEL 2, partially overwritten in the 40% build - they kept the low ledge in the first part but moved it to the opposite wall. They also added both a trench and a stairstep ledge in the second section. You can only see the stairstep ledge arrangement in the last image that survives from this version, right before you you get to the turn. That's why that ledge mask is so narrow - it's for the lower "step" or terrace. You were probably supposed to climb up to the high ledge to get to the door on the far end in this version. In the final version - the Spider Tunnel proper - they removed the lower "step" and widened the higher ledge while keeping the trench. That's why they had to add the Tool Room and its box - so you could push it out and off into the trench, thereby remaking the "stair" that was originally built into L TUNNEL 2.

DB didn't account for the stairstep ledges when he hacked this room and made it playable. That's why nobody noticed it, since the missing end appears to play so much like what you see in the Spider Tunnel. Not his fault, though - it's a miracle he even got L TUNNEL 2 working at all, given that it's partially overwritten. Just take a good look at the picture from L TUNNEL 2 that's in the middle of my comparison - the camera angle right before you get to the "missing" turn - and you'll see the stairstep ledges.

As promised, here's a preliminary map of the "Sewers Alpha." I also fixed my Sewers B1 Map, too.

Enig, you're welcome (no, encouraged!) to make a better map when you find the time.
    Last edited by RMandel; 04-05-2013, 05:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Biohazard
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
    Talking about about the sewers, I was trying to figure out what the glitched masks in the L Tunnel 2 might be used for. They seem to be from the 3 unused frames in the Spider Room BSS , agree / disagree?
    No, definitely the textures are different, but are similar...

I'm sure L TUNNEL 2 it's just an early version of L TUNNEL.

Leave a comment:

• Mikhail
    replied
    Talking about about the sewers, I was trying to figure out what the glitched masks in the L Tunnel 2 might be used for. They seem to be from the 3 unused frames in the Spider Room BSS , agree / disagree?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    Oh, hi Keiji! That came from this in my video thread ....

"You mean this background? Gemini posted a much higher-res version literally 15 minutes after I posted mine. While it was public domain when it first hit the internet, I had that image sitting on my hard drive along with my 'then-special' footage for a while before the proto was released."

"Then-special" was where I got that. My apologies if I misinterpreted or misquoted you. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong - but at least I'll admit when I am. I shall do proper pennance by playing RE15 and letting Birkin flog me with his pipe 100 times. Ow-ow-owww!!!

By the way, here's something I've been meaning to get out of my system for a while. Enig or bio could definitely do a better job with the wire frame mockups. I'm great with a drafting table, but my PC drawing skills suck.

RE15 Spider Tunnel Evolution
    Last edited by RMandel; 04-04-2013, 04:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OKeijiDragon
    replied
    Originally posted by RMandel View Post
    KeijiDragon had some stuff that was exclusive to his old documentary project that he was sitting on, but I think he said (and correct me if I'm wrong, Keiji) that everything he had went public when the Team's build was released. I suspect that most of what's still left out there is just that - stuff that well-heeled or well-connected fans have had access to and are still sitting on.
    Do you have a quote on that?

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    Got your map. A most wonderful piece of work. I was constantly referencing it while making my videos.

Here's a map of my current theory on the Spider Tunnel ....

Oops! Left off the Pump Room. My bad.

I think I'm going to go ahead and do a proper map of what I'm tentatively calling the "Version 2 Sewers Fragment" (LTUNNEL2/KEIJI'S C.) - just for the record. You guys and the PMODders can then take it and go from there.

Something other things I've noticed in L TUNNEL 2. You're apparently directly below the Spider Tunnel. I noticed a big shadow on the floor when I was generating some of the series videos. Whenever I moved, it followed me. It seems to be about the same size as the spiders, and moved with me up and down the corridor with the gated door. Perhaps this is mapped directly under the Spider Tunnel in the game? Might be worth investigating, for those who have the skills. The ledge door would deposit you in the short hallway leading to the Drain Tank control deck - if the map is right - but it can't be. Anyhow, if MB or anyone else could get the XYZ coords resolved for both sides of that door, then we'd have a shortcut into the Drain Tank control deck. Also, it's the only time I've ever seen a placement marker show up on the Sewers B2 map.
    Last edited by RMandel; 04-02-2013, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Enigmatism415
    replied
    I suspect that Team IGAS doesn't have that much more than we do. What extra they have is most likely the so-called "exclusive" stuff that certain fans have been sitting on for a while, but little if any beyond that. For example, we know Alzaire didn't give us everything he had, and he said as much several times. He shared almost everything, but he held a few exclusive things back. He was also quite honest about why he did it - for exposing RE15 hoaxes. KeijiDragon had some stuff that was exclusive to his old documentary project that he was sitting on, but I think he said (and correct me if I'm wrong, Keiji) that everything he had went public when the Team's build was released. I suspect that most of what's still left out there is just that - stuff that well-heeled or well-connected fans have had access to and are still sitting on. Additional data or images on the final 80% build, for example. More production notes or drafts from Capcom's original effort, and such. Bits and pieces, flotsam and jetsam in a two-decade old vapor trail. Now that the 40% build has been released (or a version of it, anyway), the one RE15 Holy Grail that's left, if you will, would be a copy of the final 80% build -- and we don't know if that ever got outside of Capcom, much less Japan itself. Then again, we never thought the 40% build would see the light of day ... so hope springs eternal, as they say ... and the meantime, let's keep supporting the reconstruction effort by Team IGAS.
    I'm sure whatever treasure trove that the vets in the Biohazard community have been sitting on for years has made its way to Team IGAS by now; I think that should be the least of our worries. In fact, certain Inflames-exclusive images were only recently released to the public for the first time, and the full set is now publicly available.

Well, Enig, I thought I'd let you and the resident experts do the actual RE15 gameplay walkthrough. You're right about the "baby gator" tank being drained again, though - provided the North Canal is the proper escape route in the game proper. Dramatically, for my series, the escape worked better with the way out being behind the Drain Tank's main pump. Limitations of available videos/stills and such - I needed it to connect, as in RE2, so I could use RE2's giant gator footage (placeholder purposes).

I'm taking a bit of a breather, but I'd be willing to a "straight" video of how you think the Sewers SHOULD play in both Elza's and Leon's game for reference purposes. Maybe D.Birkin and the rest of Team IGAS might find it helpful, too, given the half-developed state of the Sewers in the 40% build. Let's bump further discussion of the Sewers over to Aleff's or Eteponge's thread - or start a new one - and take it from there. Deal?
    The North Canal escape route is just a theory that Biohazard_star and I currently share. The confirmation for the draining is evident in the second Complete Disc video (water is flowing from the tank's drain outlet prior to the flood sequence, and dries up by the time it commences). I recommend downloading my untextured SketchUp model of the Drains B2 map, since it allows you to navigate through the area in three dimensions. Biohazard_star is doing an outstanding job in applying textures currently (but I don't have a copy of that version yet). I have many theories about the progression of the Sewer chapter, many of which are neatly condensed on the 2D map that I had uploaded several times (you've seen it posted here before), and can be seen at the bottom of the image as a crude flowchart.
    Last edited by Enigmatism415; 04-02-2013, 07:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    I suspect that Team IGAS doesn't have that much more than we do. What extra they have is most likely the so-called "exclusive" stuff that certain fans have been sitting on for a while, but little if any beyond that. For example, we know Alzaire didn't give us everything he had, and he said as much several times. He shared almost everything, but he held a few exclusive things back. He was also quite honest about why he did it - for exposing RE15 hoaxes. KeijiDragon had some stuff that was exclusive to his old documentary project that he was sitting on, but I think he said (and correct me if I'm wrong, Keiji) that everything he had went public when the Team's build was released. I suspect that most of what's still left out there is just that - stuff that well-heeled or well-connected fans have had access to and are still sitting on. Additional data or images on the final 80% build, for example. More production notes or drafts from Capcom's original effort, and such. Bits and pieces, flotsam and jetsam in a two-decade old vapor trail. Now that the 40% build has been released (or a version of it, anyway), the one RE15 Holy Grail that's left, if you will, would be a copy of the final 80% build -- and we don't know if that ever got outside of Capcom, much less Japan itself. Then again, we never thought the 40% build would see the light of day ... so hope springs eternal, as they say ... and the meantime, let's keep supporting the reconstruction effort by Team IGAS.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Darkness View Post
    i need to be caught up to speed, right after MZD was released I lost internet, I see the team has revealed themselves but what have i missed? It seems like people are talking like they have 80% build story info
    Meh, not much really. News Bot revealed that he had access to the 1.5 scenario draft, also members of the team have been interacting with the community. Some interesting things have been discussed over the past few days, I suggest looking over the past ten or fifteen pages in the main thread as there's lots of nice things been posted.

Leave a comment:

• Darkness
    replied
    i need to be caught up to speed, right after MZD was released I lost internet, I see the team has revealed themselves but what have i missed? It seems like people are talking like they have 80% build story info

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    Now that I'm wrapping up my video visit to the RE15 Sewers, I got to thinking about the Spider Tunnel. I think part of what I did with it in my video series was on the right track - where I put it, connected to the Baby Gator Room - but I think there's more there than is immediately obvious. I think it might have been intended as a side quest room on the B1 level, like Sherry's/Ada's first side quest in RE2. You would enter through the door on the high ledge, then jump down and immediately get attacked by the spiders coming through the grates. After escaping or fighting them off, you'd climb up on the next ledge, go through the metal door on the ledge, then up a short and turning stairwell hall (backgrounds missing) to the Tool Room. There would be some kind of special item on the shelving unit for you to find - what it might be, I don't know. THEN you would open the big cantilever door and push out the crate. After that, you exit the Tool Room and return to the low ledge. The crate should be sitting there exactly where it fell. What you do next is how you get out of the room - push the crate off the ledge and into the trench. It will provide the extra height/step you need to climb back up onto the high ledge and go out the way you came in, via the door to the Baby Gator Room (might need two crates, but same idea). That's the only other way I can think of to "play" this room that makes any sense, given that the door at the other end in previous versions was taken out for the final one.

I'm also tending to believe that all three crates needed for the box puzzle were present and ready for use in the ledge alcove in the Baby Gator Room in the final 80% build. The only reason we see one in that lone still, I'm guessing, is that the other two had already been pushed into place in the tank.

I wish I could figure out the true relationship between what I call Keiji's Corridor (the long green corridor with all the doors and branches) and the rest of the RE15 Sewers. The original production team obviously saved it for a reason - even though other parts of its generation of development in the Sewers were retooled or rewritten (L TUNNEL 2, for example). I think what I wanted/needed to do with it for my videos might be blinding me to something obvious. Was this going to be part of B1, too, or was it being saved for future development as I originally surmised? And if so, how was it to relate to the rest of the Sewers, with all of those extra connections, given the way the B2 map is set up? Perhaps the best thing to do is turn this issue over to you resident experts, and let you take it from there ... or maybe we just ought to wait for the next Team IGAS release.

BTW, I was playing MB's v2 hack of the Spider Tunnel the other day and tried to escape the spiders by climbing up and onto the low ledge. One of those damn spiders promptly crawled up there after me, while the other scuttled up to the ceiling and DROPPED DOWN in front of me before the room glitched up. If he or the team ever get the code properly fixed in that room (or for the spiders), it's going to be quite the experience for first-time players.
    Last edited by RMandel; 03-30-2013, 03:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Enigmatism415
    replied
    Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
    I see what you, um, referenced there.
    Ah, good, sometimes bitmap images give web browsers trouble...

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
    how'd u get that image in such great quality?
    Great quality? LOL! Don't let my MS Paint skills deceive you...
    Last edited by Enigmatism415; 03-28-2013, 05:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deathlygasm
    replied
    Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    The North Canal could very well have been a relic of an older design for all we know; after all, the "baby gator" room changed between the PSM build and the final build as well. As for the green areas, I strongly believe that they've never had any connections with the final sewer design; every piece of evidence seems to point to a complete ground-up redesign of the Sewer chapter. I think that it would be less confusing for everyone involved if we just referred to the old design as such.

No version of this room made use of "one large crate" as a bridge. All known versions used three boxes, as in the analogous Sewage Disposal puzzle for Ada and Sherry from RE2. Have another look:

The crate visible is of a normal size (approx. 1.0x1.0m). The actual map and measuring tools confirm this. What actually changed was the location of the square alcove, and the addition of a narrow corridor (possibly containing the third crate near its terminus to add difficulty to the puzzle).
    how'd u get that image in such great quality?

Leave a comment:

• ccrogers15
    replied
    Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    Alright, I'm whipping it out, it's a big one:

I see what you, um, referenced there.

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    Ahhhh ... I see. My eyes were playing tricks on me regarding the lone box. That's the problem with getting old. -_^ I also agree about the green sewer vs. the later brown (?) one. I think we're also agreed that the Sewers changed the most during development, and we're stuck with a build that has room designs from at least two (or three?) versions. Still, I think I've finally found a way to combine the green and brown sewers for my series that at least makes some kind of sense - if only for my dramatic purposes. The map is still out the window, of course, but not terribly so. Gotta use what I've got available, of course. I'll be sure to qualify what I'm doing in my post-video comments, and I'll leave the spadework regarding the "true gameplay" to you guys. Thanks for the advice, Enig. I now have enough to get back to work on Stage 2 ....

BTW, would you guys like to see all the dialogue for the major cutscenes in this build of RE15?
    Last edited by RMandel; 03-24-2013, 06:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X